Bangladesh Watch: 2022 and Beyond

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: Bangladesh Watch: 2022 and Beyond

Post by sam_ahm »

Quite surprised how Saifuddin has fallen down the pecking order and now not even contracted. I thought he is a promising all rounder.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:01 am
Quite surprised how Saifuddin has fallen down the pecking order and now not even contracted. I thought he is a promising all rounder.
He's promising IMO...I really like him but he's been injured way too often. He has to work on getting fit for sustained periods. But as a batter he has excellent potential to average 30+ in both formats and his bowling is fair (better than an Angelo Mathews, but not as good as a Ben Stokes).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:07 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:01 am
He's promising IMO...I really like him but he's been injured way too often. He has to work on getting fit for sustained periods. But as a batter he has excellent potential to average 30+ in both formats and his bowling is fair (better than an Angelo Mathews, but not as good as a Ben Stokes).
Yes, would like to see him in the squad at least. Not many fast bowling all rounder in the world these days and Bangladesh shouldn't let go of Saifuddin.

They've awarded Shakib an all format contract, despite all the things going on with him. I think BCB trying their best to keep him interested until the WC next year.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Indians in DPL 2022

H Vihari - Abahani Limited
A Easwaran - Prime Bank
P Rasool - Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi
B Aparajith - Rupganj Tigers
A Maneria - Khelaghar
C Jani - Legends of Rupganj
G Singh - Gazi Group

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Any idea when Bangladesh is touring Australia & England next ? I really don't want Aug-Sep top end (Darwin) out of cricket season tour of Australia. Australia should play Bangladesh during their regular cricket season.

Bangladesh is on the verge of winning ODI series in South Africa. Taskin Ahmed has run through the batting lineup of South Africa. Captain Tamim Iqbal is class !

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Detective RDS wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:30 pm
Any idea when Bangladesh is touring Australia & England next ? I really don't want Aug-Sep top end (Darwin) out of cricket season tour of Australia. Australia should play Bangladesh during their regular cricket season.

Bangladesh is on the verge of winning ODI series in South Africa. Taskin Ahmed has run through the batting lineup of South Africa. Captain Tamim Iqbal is class !
No tours in the current FTP as far as I know. I would hope that we have at least 1 tour each of AUS and ENG in the FTP that is currently being drawn up. Surely Bangladesh can bring in more money than Windies or Sri Lanka (as well as provide better quality cricket too). But its all about the money really.

Bangladesh also needs a couple of 3 Test series against the likes of India or Pakistan or New Zealand.

Can't wait to see what the FTP looks like when its released this summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Excellent performacne

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Really very good performance by Bangladesh to win the ODI series in South Africa. Shakib not getting picked for IPL has been a huge blessing for Bangladesh. It has given him a kick and motivation to do better than before and has got him fully committed for the country.

Has been a great year for Bangla boys so far.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Shakib should'nt be given test captaincy.He is very much vocal in showing no interest to play Test Cricket. Liton Das at the present moment is right choice for Bangladesh Test Captaincy

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:59 am
Shakib should'nt be given test captaincy.He is very much vocal in showing no interest to play Test Cricket. Liton Das at the present moment is right choice for Bangladesh Test Captaincy
No I`m against that. For once in his career, Litton is showing some maturity. They need to give him a year or two to see if he really has the mettle for captaincy