Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

3 ODIs and 2 T20Is on tour. Bangladesh have named a full strength squad with all of Tamim, Shakib, Rahim, and Mahmudullah in the side.

Curious to see if the Afghans leave their PSL stars out...will be a markedly weakened side either. I reckon even at full strength, the Afghans would have been Tigerwashed in the ODIs.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Interestingly the AFG side are training in Sylhet right now, from Feb 12-19 on their own dollar. The BCB officially picks up the tab 4 days before the first ODI starts. Good to see the board a) has some cash and b) isn't blowing it on non-cricket related things.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
Rajkumar Sharma
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Great chance for Afghans as BD cricket isnt in good shape at the moment in shorter format

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:10 am
Great chance for Afghans as BD cricket isnt in good shape at the moment in shorter format
In T20s yes, but in ODIs at best Afghans can hope to win 1 game, and with a full stregnth BD side, its going to be very tough for them to win even 1 game. Afghan batting is too weak.

Because of the bowling strength of both sides, I suspect 250-260 will be par scores during this series.

T20s will either be 1-1 or 2-0 to Afghans.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

slcricfan1
Posts: 1314
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:06 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:10 am
Great chance for Afghans as BD cricket isnt in good shape at the moment in shorter format
In T20s yes, but in ODIs at best Afghans can hope to win 1 game, and with a full stregnth BD side, its going to be very tough for them to win even 1 game. Afghan batting is too weak.

Because of the bowling strength of both sides, I suspect 250-260 will be par scores during this series.

T20s will either be 1-1 or 2-0 to Afghans.
Bd odi team should be hammering the Afghans

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:03 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:06 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:10 am
Great chance for Afghans as BD cricket isnt in good shape at the moment in shorter format
In T20s yes, but in ODIs at best Afghans can hope to win 1 game, and with a full stregnth BD side, its going to be very tough for them to win even 1 game. Afghan batting is too weak.

Because of the bowling strength of both sides, I suspect 250-260 will be par scores during this series.

T20s will either be 1-1 or 2-0 to Afghans.
Bd odi team should be hammering the Afghans
I'd say 80% chance of a Tigerwash. 19% chance of BD winning 2-1. 1% chance for all other results.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
Rajkumar Sharma
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

A great step taken by Bangladesh in starting the game 11 am local time to keep dew out of the equation. As dew has major impact in results when games are played in sub continent

sam_ahm
Posts: 2083
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by sam_ahm »

This is probably the strongest Bangladesh team I've seen in recent times. Tamim, Shakib, Mushi, Liton, Mahmud, Mustafiz, Taskin, Mehdi.

User avatar
Rajkumar Sharma
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Worst captainy. Why not Shoriful given the new ball ? Mustafizur is good with the old ball.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Afghanistan tour of Bangladesh (World Cup Super League)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:15 am
This is probably the strongest Bangladesh team I've seen in recent times. Tamim, Shakib, Mushi, Liton, Mahmud, Mustafiz, Taskin, Mehdi.
Both teams are at full strength. For Bangladesh I would like to have seen Shanto in place of Afif, but at the moment Afif probably has the better record in ODIs.

Shoriful clocking high 130s...was in the high 120s in NZ last month.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Post Reply