Who is your favourite cricketer?

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Who is your favourite cricketer?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Favourite non-Zimbabwean cricketer that is :)

Michael Clarke for mine, he is Australia's most successful captain in history, wonderful batsman and quite the bowler as well. :)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Who is your favourite cricketer?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

You have made me think...

Let me state this before I move on to answering your question though... I have tremendous admiration for the following: Steve Waugh, Anil Kumble, Andy Flower, Heath Streak and Marvan Atapattu - Clearly, not just as cricketers on the field, but also as great role models for humanity.

I can't pick any one out of these 5 as my sole favorite. But, if I keep all of them aside, I can state Mike Hussey as the answer to your question.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

If we include recently retired cricketers too, then I would have to say Steve Waugh.

Of relatively recent cricketers I have a lot of respect for; MS Dhoni, AB de Villiers, Albie and Morne Morkel, Mark Boucher, Steve Tikolo, Graeme Hick, Daniel Vettori, Habibul Bashar, Mohammed Ashraful, Justin Langer, Mike Hussey, Brad Hogg... off the top of my head. Not necessarily in that order, but the first 5 or so are about right. I would have included Mahela Jayawardene in the list because I admired the way he went about the World Cup farce, but I've heard he's not all that nice... I don't have a problem with Jayasuriya or Atapattu either, they have both been treated poorly over the years by their board.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Shaun Pollock from South Africa is my most favourite cricketer.

Amoung the retired cricketers my favourites r Wasim Akram(PAK),Jonty Rhodes(SOU),
Shane Warne(AUS),Glenn McGrath(AUS),Marcus Trescothick(ENG),Andy Flower(ZIM).

My favorite cricketers those r currently playing are:

Shahriar Nafees(BAN),Shakib-al-hasan(BAN),Tamim Iqbal(BAN),Graeme Smith(SOU),
Mathew Hayden(AUS),Brendan Mccullam(NZ),AB De Villiers(SOU),Kevin Pietersen(ENG),
Steve Harmison(ENG),Dale Steyn(SOU),Shane Bond(NZ),Brett Lee(AUS),
Kumar Sangakkara(SL),Murray Goodwin(ZIM),Brendan Taylor(ZIM),Sean Ervine(ZIM),
Barney Rogers(ZIM),Niall O'Brein(IRE),Boyd Rankin(IRE).