ICC Odi Super League & WTC : Bangladesh V/s South Africa [ 3 Odis ] / [ 2 Test ]

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: ICC Odi Super League & WTC : Bangladesh V/s South Africa [ 3 Odis ] / [ 2 Test ]

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Bangladesh surely have to be the absolute worst players of spin amongst the top 12 sides. They can't play wrist spinners, but finger spinners have run all over them too (Raza, Maharaj, Harmer, Jayawickrama on debut, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some). And its not even top class spinners...mediocre spinners on a turning track will have us all for breakfast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Re: ICC Odi Super League & WTC : Bangladesh V/s South Africa [ 3 Odis ] / [ 2 Test ]

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:19 am
Bangladesh surely have to be the absolute worst players of spin amongst the top 12 sides. They can't play wrist spinners, but finger spinners have run all over them too (Raza, Maharaj, Harmer, Jayawickrama on debut, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some). And its not even top class spinners...mediocre spinners on a turning track will have us all for breakfast.
They played Hasaranga well which surprised me. Do other leggies do well against BD too?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:26 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
They played Hasaranga well which surprised me. Do other leggies do well against BD too?
Hasaranga is an all rounder isn't he? But we struggled mightily against Sikander Raza in Sylhet in 2018. The game vs Hasaranga was likely played in a highway hence the success.

It's not just leggies...the past 5 years all types of spinners have absolutely mauled Bangladesh. In reply the likes of Taijul and Miraz have been good...but when the opposition spinners take 10 for 100, you won't win many Tests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:13 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:26 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Hasaranga is an all rounder isn't he? But we struggled mightily against Sikander Raza in Sylhet in 2018. The game vs Hasaranga was likely played in a highway hence the success.

It's not just leggies...the past 5 years all types of spinners have absolutely mauled Bangladesh. In reply the likes of Taijul and Miraz have been good...but when the opposition spinners take 10 for 100, you won't win many Tests.
Yeah he is but so far has batted too low to make an impact. Hasnt really got the hang of finishing yet. But yeah maybe it was because the pitches were flat.

But I feel like its more the off spinners and the left arm orthodox bowlers rather than the leggies barring Rashid Khan