Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Bangladesh Test Squad:
Mominul Haque (Captain), Tamim Iqbal Khan, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Liton Kumar Das, Yasir Ali Chowdhury, Taijul Islam, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Ebadot Hossain Chowdhury, Syed Khaled Ahmed, Quazi Nurul Hasan Sohan, Rejaur Rahman Raja, Shohidul Islam, Shoriful Islam (subject to fitness

Kriterion_BD

Re: Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Nayeem Hasan is replacing the injured Mehidy Miraz for the first Test. The hope is Miraz will be fit for the 2nd, although I think Nayeem has more potential purely as a spinner.

This is an important series for Bangladesh, and our gameplan must be to make a flat pitch on which we can bat SL out of the game and probably now have the pace wealth to take 20 Lankan wickets even on a dusty flat track.

A pitch with any spin, and SL's spinners will be all over us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:39 am
Nayeem Hasan is replacing the injured Mehidy Miraz for the first Test. The hope is Miraz will be fit for the 2nd, although I think Nayeem has more potential purely as a spinner.

This is an important series for Bangladesh, and our gameplan must be to make a flat pitch on which we can bat SL out of the game and probably now have the pace wealth to take 20 Lankan wickets even on a dusty flat track.

A pitch with any spin, and SL's spinners will be all over us.
These next 2 Sl series are impossible to predict. I have no idea whats gonna happen with Bangladesh. I cant see Bangladeshi fast bowlers screwing us over at home though. But who knows with these 2 unpredictable sides lol

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Mosaddek Hossain, the middle order batter slash off spin all-rounder has been called up for the first Test. Good move IMO. He needs a long run in the Test side as he has a batting average of 41 from the 3 games he's played. However, I'm not sure he can find a spot in this lineup unless we only play 1 seamer.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:49 pm
Mosaddek Hossain, the middle order batter slash off spin all-rounder has been called up for the first Test. Good move IMO. He needs a long run in the Test side as he has a batting average of 41 from the 3 games he's played. However, I'm not sure he can find a spot in this lineup unless we only play 1 seamer.
Yeah ridiculous how he never got a extended run before despite that ridiculous first class average

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Sri Lanka Squad:
Dimuth Karunaratne – Captain, Kamil Mishara, Oshada Fernando, Angelo Mathews, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya De Silva, Kamindu Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella, Dinesh Chandimal, Ramesh Mendis, Chamika Karunaratne, Suminda Lakshan, Kasun Rajitha, Vishwa Fernando, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka, Praveen Jayawickrama, Lasith Embuldeniya.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ah! I was thinking this is Ban tour of Sln, but it's the other way round. Should be a good series this. SLN have had their problems and Bangladesh are strong at home. Important WTC points up for grabs.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Strong chance of a washout...forecast has tons of rain and this is the start of the rainy season.

Shakib has COVID. Out for the 1st Test. This guy always finds a way to miss Test matches (obviously can't control getting sick). But last time it was because his family got sick. I'm sure he will recover in time for the 2nd Test, but by then I'm sure someone will accidentally get a paper cut from opening an envelope and Shakib will have to skip the 2nd Test to attend to that emergency.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:50 pm
Strong chance of a washout...forecast has tons of rain and this is the start of the rainy season.

Shakib has COVID. Out for the 1st Test. This guy always finds a way to miss Test matches (obviously can't control getting sick). But last time it was because his family got sick. I'm sure he will recover in time for the 2nd Test, but by then I'm sure someone will accidentally get a paper cut from opening an envelope and Shakib will have to skip the 2nd Test to attend to that emergency.
Tough. Was looking forward to this series

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

That's funny. Made me think of reasons why cricketers have missed test matches. I recall Chris Lewis in the West Indies shaving his head, then getting sunburn on his head.
It's disputed now but Derek Pringle apparently ricked his neck after writing a letter the night before a test. Pringle was university educated & seen as the thinking man's Botham. But his stats paled in comparison. And seen as never quite putting in as much as Botham.
The best one was Jimmy Adams who led the Windies to South Africa in the late nineties. That is- he led them on the plane. In flight he cut the webbing of his hand with a butter knife & missed the whole tour. A despondent Windies official allegedly said "How can we trust him with the nation's captaincy when we can't trust him with a butter knife!"