T20 Asia Cup 2022

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: T20 Asia Cup 2022

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Overall was a very competitive Asia Cup tournament. Some controversy in the PAK-AFG game shouldn't dampen the overall vibe. Hopefully the world cup will be good as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

lmfaooooo. now we get to play the wc qualifiers.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations to SL on winning the Asia Cup!! What an unbelievable performance! Who would have picked them as the winners at the start of the tournament, especially after that 1st game?!

Incredible turnaround. Goes to show how much you can achieve when you believe.

Pakistan have an incredibly good pace attack, it will get even stronger with Shaheen coming back but their batting middle order is literally non existent. They just rely so so heavily on Rizwan and Babar. Then their fielding is extremely ordinary. It probably cost them the title today.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Superb stuff from SL. I guess Bangladesh didn't do that badly running them and Afghanistan close.

Seems like we really are in a golden era of pace bowling these days.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:23 pm
Superb stuff from SL. I guess Bangladesh didn't do that badly running them and Afghanistan close.

Going back to 90s cricket? Every side can beat any other side on their day again

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:13 pm
Congratulations to SL on winning the Asia Cup!! What an unbelievable performance! Who would have picked them as the winners at the start of the tournament, especially after that 1st game?!

Incredible turnaround. Goes to show how much you can achieve when you believe.

Pakistan have an incredibly good pace attack, it will get even stronger with Shaheen coming back but their batting middle order is literally non existent. They just rely so so heavily on Rizwan and Babar. Then their fielding is extremely ordinary. It probably cost them the title today.
yeah. Rizwan and Babar get a lot of flack but its not like anyone in the middle order has ever stood up. They get chances too. Iftikhar for example got one today

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:28 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:23 pm

Going back to 90s cricket? Every side can beat any other side on their day again
Bodes well. Can't wait for the real Asia Cup next year! Should be a riveting contest.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Pakistan will be gutted. They had the trophy in their pocket having SL at 56/5, batting first. I mean what else can you ask for?

Whenever Pakistan are termed as favts they find a way to lose and vice versa.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:25 pm
Pakistan will be gutted. They had the trophy in their pocket having SL at 56/5, batting first. I mean what else can you ask for?

Bowling attack is tooo one dimensional. They need 2 of Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf to really fine-tune their death bowling skills. Ditto India tbh. But more than that, its the middle order batting. Should have fought harder

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:00 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Bowling attack is tooo one dimensional. They need 2 of Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf to really fine-tune their death bowling skills. Ditto India tbh. But more than that, its the middle order batting. Should have fought harder
I'm fine with Pakistan's bowling, they've got serious pace and I'm ok even if the don't have those slower ball variations.

Middle order is non existent. They desperately need some batters to step up.