T20 Asia Cup 2022

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: T20 Asia Cup 2022

Post by sam_ahm »

Something is terribly wrong with Bangladesh.

SZ, that Ind-Pak game was played on a pretty tough wicket, I think Rizwan was playing based on the conditions. Rohit and Virat did pretty much the same.

In fact until the 15th over of the 2nd innings, I thought Pak had the upper hand. It was only that late blitz by Pandya, who is in the form of his life, that got the game back in India's favour.

Ban V SL should be a cracker. On form, I think SL are slight favts.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:12 pm
Something is terribly wrong with Bangladesh.

SZ, that Ind-Pak game was played on a pretty tough wicket, I think Rizwan was playing based on the conditions. Rohit and Virat did pretty much the same.

In fact until the 15th over of the 2nd innings, I thought Pak had the upper hand. It was only that late blitz by Pandya, who is in the form of his life, that got the game back in India's favour.

Ban V SL should be a cracker. On form, I think SL are slight favts.
Yeah Sl vs Bd is always pretty good these days

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Super excited to see HK and India this evening. They gave them a proper scare in 2018, HK 170-0 chasing 280 (50 overs) if I recall. They collapsed from there, but still.

They've a penchant for giant killings https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/wor ... -scorecard - I was lucky enough to meet the hero Munir Dar at Kowloon Cricket Club a couple of weeks after that game.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:13 am
Super excited to see HK and India this evening. They gave them a proper scare in 2018, HK 170-0 chasing 280 (50 overs) if I recall. They collapsed from there, but still.

They've a penchant for giant killings https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/wor ... -scorecard - I was lucky enough to meet the hero Munir Dar at Kowloon Cricket Club a couple of weeks after that game.
Weird team Hong Kong. Got beat by Italy this year

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Did pretty well! Stunning hitting from Yadav, and admittedly very poor death bowling from HK. Apart from those few overs they were pretty competitive actually.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Afif is so good

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Wow! What a match. Throughout that run chase, until the last over I thought it was under Bangladesh's control, and yet they found a way to lose.

How did they manage to lose after getting that Karunaratne wicket is beyond me! Why on earth did Mossadek and Mehidy didn't bowl a single ball is also beyond me!!

Congratulations to SL though, they held their nerve really well.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:57 pm
Wow! What a match. Throughout that run chase, until the last over I thought it was under Bangladesh's control, and yet they found a way to lose.

How did they manage to lose after getting that Karunaratne wicket is beyond me! Why on earth did Mossadek and Mehidy didn't bowl a single ball is also beyond me!!

BD should have defended that. Too many mistakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Don't they have 2 decent openers in the whole of country, Kriterion? So much so that Sabbir Rahman and Mehidy Hasan had the open the innings and played as pure batsmen!?

Mossasek has been one of their better performers with both bat and ball in recent games, he batted way too low at no. 7 and then didn't bowl a single over!!! That eas shocking for me.

The other Mehdi hasan, the lad who was bowling no balls, looked no good to me, I know he has played earlier but i haven't seen much of him. Today he never looked like someone who should bowl hos full quota, yet he did.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:57 pm

BD should have defended that. Too many mistakes.
ahhahhhaha. Classic minnow battle