T20 Asia Cup 2022

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: T20 Asia Cup 2022

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I'm glad Bangladesh got thrashed out, that too by the two weakest sides in the Asia Cup. Our entire approach is wrong. You need [good] wrist spinners in white ball cricket, especially in T20, and Bangladesh has absolutely no interest in developing any. India, AFG, and SL all have wrist spinners...and quality ones at that. The only team that doesn't is Pakistan, but they don't need one because they are doing well without.

Bangladesh continues to throw an assortment of useless finger spinners out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:31 am
I'm glad Bangladesh got thrashed out, that too by the two weakest sides in the Asia Cup. Our entire approach is wrong. You need [good] wrist spinners in white ball cricket, especially in T20, and Bangladesh has absolutely no interest in developing any. India, AFG, and SL all have wrist spinners...and quality ones at that. The only team that doesn't is Pakistan, but they don't need one because they are doing well without.

Bangladesh continues to throw an assortment of useless finger spinners out there.
Shadab khan.

I think you guys lost purely because of the toss lol. That team in the xi against sl was properly good. Like you said one more spinner, maybe bring one more quick and replace mushy with idk the next best batter and thats a solid team.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations to SL.

We are pretty much knocked out of the competition. This is what happens when you think every tom, dick and harry from the IPL is a superstar. Servers them right.

India is the only team right now who have no clue what is their best XI. Just about anyone turns up and starts playing for India and they think he is a superstar.

That fake arrogance of we can play 3 teams and win every tournament in the world is brutally exposed. They haven't won any ICC event since 2013.

India wins bilaterals because no one gives a f*** to bilaterals these days and most teams experiment. When it comes to real stuff, we face reality.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Nah bilaterals are still tough to win, especially in Tests.

Winning ICC events takes a good amount of luck in addition to actually being one of the top 2-3 sides in that format on form.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:54 pm
Nah bilaterals are still tough to win, especially in Tests.

Winning ICC events takes a good amount of luck in addition to actually being one of the top 2-3 sides in that format on form.
Think Sam is mainly referring to loi. And honestly he has a point. No one really knows what India`s best team is and they really should by now. Think ths is their wake up call

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yup folks, obviously referring only to LOIs.

Also there is a lot of arrogance, most 'experts' here speak like it's a given that India will win with complete disrespect for the opposition. If you watch our local news channels with all these former cricketers speaking, you'll lose your mind listening to them.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

OMG!!! What a match between Pakistan and Afghanistan!!! That was a stunning finish from Naseem Shah!! Unbelievable scenes!!!

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Wow, I only watched the final half hour - that was gripping! Ridiculous last few overs!! Looked like a lot of niggle. Pakistan really don't like losing, never have. Overstepped the line really. But great viewing!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:02 pm
Wow, I only watched the final half hour - that was gripping! Ridiculous last few overs!! Looked like a lot of niggle. Pakistan really don't like losing, never have. Overstepped the line really. But great viewing!
Yeah mate, that was just great viewing!! I couldn't believe my eyes watching Naseem Shah hit those sixes out of nowhere.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Looks like the Afghans choked yet again. They really can't handle pressure well at all. They'd give South Africa and Bangladesh a run for their money lol.

This might have been the most entertaining Asia Cup in recent memory.