BD-NZ-PAK tri series

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

BD-NZ-PAK tri series

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Final tune up for these sides before the WC.

Bangladesh vs Pakistan to open tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Re: BD-NZ-PAK tri series

Post by slcricfan1 »

I like Yasir, litton and asif. Everyone else is a bit wack. Mehidy is ok. Mossadek is better than this

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:43 am
I like Yasir, litton and asif. Everyone else is a bit wack. Mehidy is ok. Mossadek is better than this
Agreed. Mosaddek is a bit too inconsistent, but did very well in the Asia Cup against two quality sides.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:27 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Agreed. Mosaddek is a bit too inconsistent, but did very well in the Asia Cup against two quality sides.
Whats the best Bangladeshi t20 xi right now you reckon? Picking from everyone in the system including injured guys? Is shoriful good enough? My mate hates him and Saifuddin but I was impressed by the former especially

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Pakistan may have found some kind of a solution to their middle order woes, play Shadab and Nawaz at 4 and 5 and use Haider Ali, Asif Ali has big hitters at 6/7/8 depending on the situation. The fact that both Shadab and Nawaz are proper all rounders gives Pakistan great balance.

I'm afraid but Bangladesh are staring at a potentially disastrous WC campaign, I just cannot see them turning things around. The team looks in total disarray.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:45 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:27 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Whats the best Bangladeshi t20 xi right now you reckon? Picking from everyone in the system including injured guys? Is shoriful good enough? My mate hates him and Saifuddin but I was impressed by the former especially
Any Bangladeshi XI would be equally shifty. I'm sorry but they are a woeful side. They have always been poor, but I think the other top sides have evolved and Bangladesh have regressed.

In T20, you don't have to be a great batter, you just have to strike at 130-135 consistently. BD batters strike at 115 tops.

And the bowlers have no ex factor once the ball stops swinging. Not only that but every bowler (Shakib also included though perhaps less likely) can bowl 3 economical overs but will get bludgeoned for 15 plus in the 4th every game. Every single game. You can go for just 15 from your first 3, but if you concede 15 in the last over you have transformed your performance from great to average in the space of just 6 deliveries. So that means an average spell will go to atrocious.

I'm not even disappointed necessarily. It is what it is. We will never be a decent T20 side. We just don't have the skillset.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

PAK vs BD dead rubber match.

Curious to see Naseem, Hasnain, and Ebadat pace comparison.

Naseem first over max 141 kph.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Fantastic win for Pakistan. They are a very dangerous side when they get on a roll and i get a feeling that the mercury is on the rise here.

They have smartly used their all rounders at no. 4/5 to mitigate the middle order problems... And they have given a new role to Haider Ali that of big hitting along with Asif Ali. Haider is a very clean striker of the ball and if he gets 30-35 runs that'll work well for Pakistan. Their bowling with Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf is right up there with the best in the world.

I'd rate them as one of the favts to win the title.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Anyone knows where has Kyle Jamieson disappeared?