India and India A tour of Bangladesh 2022

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: India and India A tour of Bangladesh 2022

Post by Kriterion_BD »

This has to be one of the more impressive comebacks in ODI history. This year Miraz has really taken the next step up. He's a genuine all-rounder now IMO, the heir apparent to Shakib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Brilliant series win for Bangladesh. Incredible come back after being 69/6 and then nerves of steel from Mustafizur towards the end. Absolutely brilliant stuff and well deserved.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Thumped in the dead rubber. Absolutely annihilated.

Can’t be relying on #8 to bail you out everyday.

Hats off to Miraz though. Genuine all rounder now. Great hostile bowling by Ebadot for most of the series too.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Amazing series win for Bangladesh! But their top order needs to start scoring too. I always saw Miraz as a bowler who could bat a bit, but he has shown he can become a genuine all-rounder now. Very impressed with Ebadot, he's been clocking over 140 kph regularly, and seems to have all the ingredients to become a successful fast bowler. They finally have a very good pace attack in Taskin, Ebadot and Mustafizur.

India needs to move past Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, etc. Ishan Kishan showed what they were missing out on in the first two ODIs. Also impressed with Umran Malik. He regularly bowled over 140 kph, occasionally hitting late 140s and early 150s, and made batsmen very uncomfortable with his pace. He should be a regular in their team. Not sure what value guys like Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Deepak Chahar add to their bowling.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Test series begins tomorrow. I'm looking forward to see this young lad Zakir Hasan, how good is he, Kriterion?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:44 pm
Test series begins tomorrow. I'm looking forward to see this young lad Zakir Hasan, how good is he, Kriterion?
Zakir is a solid prospect. He hit 173 vs India A a couple of weeks ago, 3rd innings knock to eke out a draw. Huge innings. All the youngsters in this XI are good prospects. Shanto has 2 centuries, but has stagnated the past year and half. Joy has had some good knocks in SA and NZ. Yasir Ali is a very good middle order batter too. And Nurul Hasan is the best WK in the country, and a terrific lower order batter as well. All these guys average 40+ in first class cricket (Yasir and Zakir average close to 50 I believe). Its a good solid playing XI given that Tamim is out injured.

Anyways, India 50-3 now with Kohli gone for just 1. I thought this was a dead flat track, and when India raced to 30-0 in just 8 overs, I was sure they would score 600+ declare and then try to bundle us out twice. With the start we got, we really should hold them to under 300.

But this ZACS ground is infamous for getting super flat on days 4-5, so 250 might not be a bad first innings total because 400 might be par on the final day.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:13 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:44 pm
Zakir is a solid prospect. He hit 173 vs India A a couple of weeks ago, 3rd innings knock to eke out a draw. Huge innings. All the youngsters in this XI are good prospects. Shanto has 2 centuries, but has stagnated the past year and half. Joy has had some good knocks in SA and NZ. Yasir Ali is a very good middle order batter too. And Nurul Hasan is the best WK in the country, and a terrific lower order batter as well. All these guys average 40+ in first class cricket (Yasir and Zakir average close to 50 I believe). Its a good solid playing XI given that Tamim is out injured.

Anyways, India 50-3 now with Kohli gone for just 1. I thought this was a dead flat track, and when India raced to 30-0 in just 8 overs, I was sure they would score 600+ declare and then try to bundle us out twice. With the start we got, we really should hold them to under 300.

But this ZACS ground is infamous for getting super flat on days 4-5, so 250 might not be a bad first innings total because 400 might be par on the final day.
That's good to know mate, Ban needs some good batters to come through given that Tamil, Shakib and Mushi won't be playing for too long.

Today I thought Bangladesh let India off the hook, from 112/4 to 278/6 is a good recovery and Bangladesh dropped Pujara, Dropped Iyer twice, then once the ball hit the stumps but bail didn't fall, and they failed to review when Axar was out, although Axar got out soon after, so that didn't cost them much (I didn't watch any of this but came to know through cricinfo) . This wicket may start turning a lot, so I think India have already got a good score.

From India's pov, I'm quite happy with the way Iyer is developing, he is very consistent in both ODIs and Tests and I think not being a part of T20 team actually helps him.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah with Bangladesh’s form, 278 might already be enough for an innings win lol.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:18 pm
Yeah with Bangladesh’s form, 278 might already be enough for an innings win lol.
Prophetic words.

I just want to see Bangladesh put up some semblence of a fight in the 2nd innings. Stretch this game to at least lunch on Day 4.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

It was only 12 overs, but I would fully expect Bangladesh to be 20-3 or worse at stumps. 42-0 might not be anything big in the context of chasing an astronomical target of 513, but it was the solidity of those 42 runs, the composure, and the clarity of thought. Its not easy fielding for 2 entire days out of the last 3, getting a 10 minute break - most of which is spent putting on pads and clothing - maybe getting a sip of electrolytes and then coming back out to face an hour of top class bowlers with poor light. But this start gives us a platform to fight hopefully into day 5.