Women's cricket in Afghanistan: Lack of progress 'a concern' for ICC

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: Women's cricket in Afghanistan: Lack of progress 'a concern' for ICC

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:33 am
And I agree - you raise a good point about government interference in many Asian boards.

It's a constant amusement that Zimbabwe were suspended so quickly and easily, whilst numerous other boards (including India) get away with the same thing or worse every year. The ICC is of course a failed organisation in general.
ZC's suspension probably happened because Mukhulani officially registered a complaint with the ICC, SZ. Otherwise the ICC doesn't care. In Asian boards people don't do that, if they do the entire country will be after their head 😁

sam_ahm

Re: Women's cricket in Afghanistan: Lack of progress 'a concern' for ICC

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:32 am
No on is suggesting any response, either way, will help women's cricket in Afghanistan. That is clearly never going to happen, in any form, under Taliban rule.

But it is unjust that other full members are forced to spend significant amounts on women's cricket development when Afghanistan get a free pass.

Why should Afghanistan get the same funding as Ireland, despite Ireland having to fulfill a women's international calendar, fund an entire women's pro system, central contracts, women and girls pathways at all levels etc. How unfair is that.

Afghanistan should not be receiving FM funding or FM voting rights if they can not fulfil FM membership criteria.
That pretty much sums it up. I'm OK with Afghanistan having associate member status but there is no way they should be Full Members when they don't fulfill the basic obligation of having a women's team.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are islamic nations and have done a brilliant job of encouraging women's team, now nations like indonesia, UAE, etc are fielding women's team despite being associate and member nations. So whatever the Taliban are doing in the name of religion is not right.

They don't want women to go to a male doctor and then they've banned girls from undertaking higher education. So where exactly are the women supposed to go if they fall sick? Education is a basic human right, they might as well have girls schools, colleges, universities where only girls are allowed, I'm absolutely fine with that, but can't support a govt that denies basic human rights and I'm fully in support of CA in not playing against them.