Would Baz-Ball work in India?

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Would Baz-Ball work in India?

Post by jaybro »

Two big Test series happening right now, two empathic victories by the two best teams in the world on form, that being Rohit’s India and Stokes’ England.

India are impenetrable at home they really are, and it would take something special and different to beat them I. Their own back yard. Enter Baz-Ball

Brendan McCullum has transformed a boring, dull and confidence stricken English Test side into a bigger and badder version of their ODI side. They’re playing a brand of cricket that is putting fear into everyone and is ultimately proving too much to handle for anyone in their way.

But would it work in India, against this Indian team, in those Indian conditions?? Discuss -
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Re: Would Baz-Ball work in India?

Post by sam_ahm »

May be not but it will be an interesting watch for sure. England don't bank on playing more than 60 overs in an innings anyways, and look to get 300+ in those 60 overs. Should be very interesting.

I'll be interested in watching a full strength Pakistan play India in India, we will fancy winning that but I'm sure Pakistan will play spin better than most of these overseas countries.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

What a win for England. Conceding 190 runs lead after the first innings and then were 163/5 in the 2nd!

What a day of test cricket we've had. West Indies over Aussies and then England stunning India.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Bazball works everywhere.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Much more traditional Test in Ranchi.

Joe Root took 219 balls to reach his hundred and now England look poised to take some sort of lead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

No :lol: England’s batting is more fragile than ours. Stokes is like literally the most overrated player ever on the back of like 3 very fine knocks that bailed the Poms out at some point in history. Think our selection is corrupt, these guys are no better. Stokes’ mate Bairstow getting his hundredth cap is no different to when we wonder how Wez kept getting picked.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I missed majority of this series after the first test, India miles ahead of everyone at home and I'm very impressed with the way young Indian players have performed in this series. It shows the kind of depth Indian cricket has, and thr kind of talent coming through.

It is astonishing to think that an ICC trophy had eluded India for 11 years , because this is one if the best teams you'd ever get to see... Probably the best team never to have won an ICC trophy? I think Yes.