Ireland in Bangladesh 2023 | Test, ODI, and T20I series

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Ireland in Bangladesh 2023 | Test, ODI, and T20I series

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:15 pm
‘Status’ in cricket is disastrous in general and it shouldn’t exist in any format.

But seeing as it does, and seeing as the ICC stipulates that to have full member status you HAVE to comply with certain criteria…………then the rules should be implemented equally for all.

Ireland should have had their full allocation funding suspended or reduced over the past three years for literally contravening the membership criteria.

Afghanistan should NEVER have got status in the first place and should certainly have it stripped now due to their continued willingness to contravene the criteria.

Either;
Get rid of Status entirely.
Or have it, and enforce the criteria and regulations
Cricket shouldn’t be the only egalitarian thing in a world where privilege exists. Suspending CI or ACB for being better run and managed and less corrupt than ZC would itself be ridiculous. You can’t create random pockets of order in a chaotic world. It would be like trying to discredit BLM whilst doing nothing to combat white privilege.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

No idea what you are on about tbh.

But anyway, Zimbabwe have fulfilled every ICC Full Member criteria over the past three years, whilst Ireland and Afghanistan haven't. These are the facts.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:22 pm
No idea what you are on about tbh.

But anyway, Zimbabwe have fulfilled every ICC Full Member criteria over the past three years, whilst Ireland and Afghanistan haven't. These are the facts.
Is there really such a need to be salty?

Here’s the thing though. Even you guys trash your board all the time on this forum, Irish and Afghan fans don’t because their boards aren’t mismanaging the game quite as badly. They are at least properly utilizing whatever funds they get. That has to count for something. they are also half decent sides that tend to do fairly well at most ICC events.

I used to be an Afghan cricket fan when they were an Associate side coming up. Now that they are established, I find their style of play to be a bit rudimentary for lack of a better word. I’m still a fan, but in a much more passive way.

This past week though I’ve become an Irish fan. They came in with a severely weakened squad minus all their first choice seamers. They got their asses handed to them in the first 5 limited overs games and then came back to somehow win a T20 but then also fought quite valiantly in the Test despite being down and out. Lotta respect for that in the 38 degree muggy ass weather.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Which part of my last post was salty? :?

I'm not sure what you are arguing against at this point. Zimbabwe have consistently met full member criteria over the past three years whereas Ireland and Afghanistan haven't. These are cold hard facts. They are documented and they are unarguable.

Anyway, you have consistently repeatedly ignored my specific point on Ireland. So fine.

And as for Afghanistan, well, in your own words a couple of posts back;
my usually left-leaning beliefs
Ahhh, right. You're a typical left-winger who picks and chooses when to be righteous and right-on and when not to bother.

Nevermind Women's equality and women's rights eh?

Taliban Jindabad!

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:12 am

Irish and Afghan fans don’t
They do, relentlessly and consistently. But okay.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:44 am
Ahhh, right. You're a typical left-winger who picks and chooses when to be righteous and right-on and when not to bother.
No side is perfect, but the left seems to have a monopoly on intellect, education, and facts. Right winger's took a lot of basic healthcare rights away from women in Texas too, no?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:

They do, relentlessly and consistently. But okay.
But do they accuse their board of hoarding all the ICC funding, and their players and the games suffering as a result? Thats the most basic fundemental job of a cricketing board, and CI and ACB are doing a much better job than the ZC and the results are usually seen in the scorecards.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:16 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
No side is perfect, but the left seems to have a monopoly on intellect, education, and facts. Right winger's took a lot of basic healthcare rights away from women in Texas too, no?
What the fuck are you even going on about at this point? :? :lol:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:18 pm
But do they accuse their board of hoarding all the ICC funding, and their players and the games suffering as a result? Thats the most basic fundemental job of a cricketing board, and CI and ACB are doing a much better job than the ZC and the results are usually seen in the scorecards.
Shows how closely you have been following ZC, and cricket at all levels in Zimbabwe, over the past 12 months then :lol:

And ZC have been doing a lot more for the women's game than the ACB........

Or do only men matter to you? Wait you are from Bangladesh aren't you? I can put 2+2 together here. No surprise women aren't important hey. :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:16 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
What the fuck are you even going on about at this point? :? :lol:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:18 pm
Shows how closely you have been following ZC, and cricket at all levels in Zimbabwe, over the past 12 months then :lol:

And ZC have been doing a lot more for the women's game than the ACB........

Or do only men matter to you? Wait you are from Bangladesh aren't you? I can put 2+2 together here. No surprise women aren't important hey. :lol:
Dude the Taliban probably has a higher opinion of women than the average right wing ZCF poster.

Bangladesh actually has a very liberal record on womens rights. We have a woman prime minister since 1991 to the present with no men interrupting. But apart from that, women have had access of reproductive rights no questions asked since 1971 (to deal with war rapes by Pakistani army), and the concept of micro-lending originated in the Bangladesh to help female entrepreneurs. Look up the Grameen Bank. Our women’s cricket team is probably ranked in the top 10 now as well.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

You've reached new heights of batshit mental in this thread, even by your standards, so I'll leave you to it.