Bangladesh vs Ireland (in England) 2023 | ODI series

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Bangladesh vs Ireland (in England) 2023 | ODI series

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think this is the final Super League series coming just weeks before the Qualifiers.

Ireland still have a chance to qualify directly and send SA to the qualifier. As awesome as that result would be, it’s virtually impossible.

Bangladesh have named a full strength squad, although even their C team would have secured at 3-0 whitewash.

Ireland will be pulling Josh Little from the IPL for this series, which is good to see. If a smaller team like IRE can manage to pull players away from the IPL for important series, it bodes well for the health of the international game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Bangladesh vs Ireland (in England) 2023 | ODI series

Post by secretzimbo »

Surely we are all just hoping for it to rain for the lolz?

'We don't want a washout, so we are going to host our series in.......wait for it.......England!' :lol: :lol: :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Bangladesh will be tough to be beat for the Irish, let alone achieving huge wins in all 3 games. It is good to see both teams taking this series very seriously though.

I have a feeling Bangladesh will do well in the upcoming World Cup, they are doing a lot of right things leading up to the event and generally teams that do the right things end up performing well.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:36 am
Bangladesh will be tough to be beat for the Irish, let alone achieving huge wins in all 3 games. It is good to see both teams taking this series very seriously though.

I have a feeling Bangladesh will do well in the upcoming World Cup, they are doing a lot of right things leading up to the event and generally teams that do the right things end up performing well.
Stamina and endurance will play a key role in this 10 team format. Last time we batted well for about the first 70% of the group stage, and we’re comfortably better than both Sri Lanka (abandoned game) and South Africa (beat them) although both teams ended up finishing ahead of us as we ended disappointingly in 8th place. Shoulda been 6th IMO.

We did not have a pace bowling attack with Mortaza past his shelf life, Saifuddin being more suited to being a 4th seam option, and an inconsistent Fizz.

This World Cup, our best quick from the last edition - Fizz - will probably be out 4th seam option and may not even play too many games.

How we do will rest on the form of Mushy, Tamin, and Shakib. Liton has to step up and Tamim needs to end his mediocre form in WC tournaments.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:01 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

Stamina and endurance will play a key role in this 10 team format. Last time we batted well for about the first 70% of the group stage, and we’re comfortably better than both Sri Lanka (abandoned game) and South Africa (beat them) although both teams ended up finishing ahead of us as we ended disappointingly in 8th place. Shoulda been 6th IMO.

We did not have a pace bowling attack with Mortaza past his shelf life, Saifuddin being more suited to being a 4th seam option, and an inconsistent Fizz.

This World Cup, our best quick from the last edition - Fizz - will probably be out 4th seam option and may not even play too many games.

How we do will rest on the form of Mushy, Tamin, and Shakib. Liton has to step up and Tamim needs to end his mediocre form in WC tournaments.
Nah. You guys will choke against us as you always do ;)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 2:30 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

Not if you guys don’t make it to the tournament!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 4:37 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: got me there

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:47 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 4:37 am
slcricfan1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: got me there
Lol. I think SL and Windies will end up qualifying.

I think every team will lose at least one game, but if it comes down to NRR, I can see only SL and WI being able to blast a 150 run win against a smaller side to gain the run rate advantage.

Some Sri Lankan spinner could easily pick up 7 for 15 against an Oman type team. And Alzari Joseph will absolutely slice through some top order or other. None of the other 8 teams have that ability imo.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

I agree. Although all these teams have an upset in them, I don't think anyone can string together enough winning performances other than SL and WI.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pillowprocter wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:38 pm
I agree. Although all these teams have an upset in them, I don't think anyone can string together enough winning performances other than SL and WI.
Exactly. it’s entirely likely that several of the top 4-5 teams finish with equal records in which case it will come down to NRR (assuming # of wins is the same which it is in almost every case). Only SL and WI could smash 350+ against some hapless side to boost their NRR or conversely skittle some team out for 90 all out.