Younis Khan vs Sri Lanka

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Younis Khan vs Sri Lanka

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakvsl/ ... 88993.html

Khan is 306* at stumps on day 4. He is playing really well. Too early to talk about breaking records?
He's batting with Akmal who is on 27*.

I guess it is fair to say he has adapted well to the captaincy!

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Younis Khan vs Sri Lanka

Post by Train Driver »

Obviously he adapted far better than Jayawardene, as an outgoing captain he only managed a miserable little 240 :lol:

This must be a real belter of a bowling wicket looking at the figures for Murali and Mendis, i hope the 2nd test wicket will be just a shade more lively than this one.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

What a waste of a test match, rarely does Pakistan gets an opportunity to host a test series these days, and they prepare such wickets. Crowd attendance has been pretty low too, by the looks of it.

Younis Khan must surely be looking for Lara's record. You don't get a more obvious opportunity that this. As long as Akmal and Co. hold the other end, it must be an achievable target. And if he does reach there, how about trying for half a thousand in a single innings? :D

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

three double hundreds in a match thats straight crazy and it mostly happens in sub-continents, this is not good for cricket fo sho i dont think our cricket ancestors will be happy with this
12.4 Odhiambo to Vermeulen, FOUR, that's an appalling long hop, Vermulen had plenty of time to get into position, drink a cup of tea, and pull the ball towards the long leg boundary- his first boundary today

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Out for 313 :(

And Kamran Akmal went on to make 158! :!:

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I think the pressaure created problems to Younis Khan.He was batting brilliantly in day 3 and day 4.As his scores turns into 306* at the end of day 4,the spectators of Pakistan started to gather in the Karachi national stadium.The number of spectators in the stadium was very low for the first 2/3 days.Moreover,Younis Khan's eyes was on Brian Lara's world record of 400*.So,Younis started to play defensively.But if he continued playing in his own style,I think he would have been able to beat Lara's record.

But indeed a fine captain's knock.Well done,Younis!He played every shots like slog sweeps,reverse sweeps but was never over ambitious.Played defensively too when needed.It was a fine test knock.

Younis is 31 years old.The best time of a middle/higher middle order batsmen comes in the early/late 30's.They started to reach the peak of their batting.Every teams should need that kind of batsmen.But it was never been the case of countries like Zimbabwe or even Bangladesh.But these teams have many talented cricketers.Hope they will turn to be batting stars in the future years to come.

But guys just have a look at the bowling figure of Muttiah Murailitharan and Ajantha Mendis.

Muraili: (65-14-172-1)
Mendis: (59-14-157-1)

Batsmen have started to play Muraili well.Best way to attack him and they can read his 'Doosra' as well.

The bad thing of Mendis is he had become a super star in the very early stage of his career.It has indeed created problems for him.He can bowl six different delivaries.Indian batsman Virender Sehwag has said that the batsman can understand his bowling watching the fingure position of him.It will tell you where the bowl will turn.I agree with Sehwag.Pakistani batsman Salman Butt thinks that Mendis is just a normal fingure spinner which Pakistan had in every corner.He think Mendis tries to turn/delivar the bowl in a quick way.The video of Mendis's fingure position is spreaded all over I would reckon.I saw this in a test match between India vs England.And I think all batsmen had a look at it.So,it means the mystery of Mendis is solved.