Marcus North: A good selection by Australia

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Detective RDS

Marcus North: A good selection by Australia

Post by Detective RDS »

I am watching the test series against South Africa and Australia.Marcus North is batting brilliantly in his debute innings.Not out on 85*.I think he is going to make a century in the debute innings.

I have enjoyed the batting of Marcus North.He has got a good technique.I think he is a good selection by the Aussies.He is 29 years old left handed batsman and can bowl off spin too.

He started the South Africa tour making 50's in both innings and taking 6 wickets in the 2nd innings against South Africa board president eleven.

North has got the experience of playing English county cricket for Durham,Derbyshire and Gloucestershire.And plays for Western Australia in the domestic cricket in Australia.With over 8000 runs in 126 FC cricket,I think he is going to be a star cricketer for Australian national side.He has come to the national cricket after playing more than 10 years domestic cricket.It has indeed developed his cricket skills.

Detective RDS

Re: Marcus North: A good selection by Australia

Post by Detective RDS »

Marcus North has made his century.Really a milestone for him!He is the 18th Australian batsmen to make a century in debute.He is batting at 111*.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Local boy! (even though he was born in Victoria :x )

I was so happy for him when he reached his century, he deserved it! You could tell from his eyes where he was going to hit the ball that brought up his 100. He has been batting beautifully. Like Michael Hussey, he has so much First Class experience he was already up to it at Test level. Hughes the opener - his lack of experienced showed, but he has a lot of potential.

Anyway, North is going really nicely. Johnson not going to badly either, just passed 50.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I am supporting South Africa.So,not liking Johnson to stick for long.

But indeed North has played brilliantly.Good to see his batting.

Phillip Hughes is a talented player,I agree too.Averages 58 in 16 FC matches.But inexperience let him to chase a bouncer of Dale Steyn.

I amnt sure about Andrew Mcdonald.Scored 0 today.He doesnt impress me much...