Bangladesh in New Zealand 2023

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh in New Zealand 2023

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:55 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:28 am
150 up for Soumya.

He's one of the biggest batting talents Bangladesh have ever produced. Great to see him firing.
Surely did not fulfil his potential then mate. Way too inconsistent, the talent was there but he simply did not kick on, I think the same can also be said about Litton Das.

What happened to Nasir Hosain and Saifuddin? So many of these promising Bangladesh players simply disappear.
I used to think Liton was a hack. But he’s actually fairly talented. Many in Bangladesh think he’s the biggest batting talent but I disagree. For me the biggest batting talents in descending order (greatest to least) are as follows:

Shanto
Tamim Sr
Tamim Jr
Soumya
Ashraful
Mushfiqur
Liton

Honorable mention for Aftab Ahmed.

Liton das is one of the best hookers/pullers in Bangladesh (hard to say if he’s better than Shanto), but he struggles when the ball is really moving (everyone does, but still). Liton record against top 8 sides is also extremely poor. He had a very decent Test record tho so far. If that turns out to just be a purple patch of 2022 he’ll dance right off my list.

Soumya can hit sixes so effortlessly that he’s made my list despite not really having any other notable strength.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

With an ODI victory and a T20 victory, where does this tour rank in terms of best Bangladesh tours outside the subcontinent? Surely one of the more successful ones?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:12 am
With an ODI victory and a T20 victory, where does this tour rank in terms of best Bangladesh tours outside the subcontinent? Surely one of the more successful ones?
Not a bad tour at all. Albeit this is very much a NZ A team. None of the quicks selected O'Rourke, Sears, Clarkson look anything more than bang average. Definitely not as threatening as Boult or Southee or Ferguson. To be fair, even Southee is an average white ball bowler.

Bangladesh are missing some first XI players in Shakib, Tamim, Taskin, and Ebadat...although I'm not sure if Taskin makes the first XI given his lack of wickets in the recent past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)