ashes

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
anandikav

Re: ashes

Post by anandikav »

i think its a shame for world no 1 team to get lower order wickets of England

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

England lost the 4th test by an innings and 80 runs. The series is level now 1-1. Good batting display by Swann and Broad, but it was too late. The batsmen collapsed in both innings. Ravi Bopara and Ian Bell struggled badly against Aussie bowlers.

Dropping Jonathan Trott was a mistake. He should have picked for England side rather than picking for his county side. Country comes first always. England played one batsman short and it was a huge mistake.

Looking ahead to the 5th test, England must play Andrew Flintoff and I think he will play also. It will be his last rest unless he is not at all fit to play.

Suggesting XI for England:

1. Andrew Strauss (C)
2. Alistair Cook
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Ian Bell
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Andrew Flintoff/Owais Shah
7. Matt Prior (WK)
8. Stuart Broad
9. James Anderson
10. Steve Harmison/Ryan Sidebottom
11. Graham Onions

Ravi Bopara should be dropped. I will call Owais Shah in the 5th test squad. Deserves a chance in the test. He has an excellent FC record. There will be a choice between Harmison and Sidebottom. This time I will go with Sidebottom. Lets see what he can do. I have also dropped Graeme Swann. He has taken enough wickets in the Ashes. Better to go with all seam attack.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Hmmm...It seems that England is thinking a lot about selection ahead of the 5th test. Flintoff is fit to play his final test and I think Bopara and Bell both will be dropped.

Interestingly, 39 years old Mark Ramprakash is in contention along with Roberk Key and Jonathan Trott (likely)

So, likely England XI in my opinion:

1. Andrew Strauss (C)
2. Alistair Cook
3. Mark Ramprakash
4. *Jonathan Trott/Robert Key
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Matt Prior (WK)
8. Stuart Broad
9. James Anderson
10. Ryan Sidebottom
11. Graham Onions

alan132

Post by alan132 »

There is speculation in the British press today that Marcus Trescothick is to be asked to play at The Oval. Some put the odds at 60:40 he will agree

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

alan132 wrote:There is speculation in the British press today that Marcus Trescothick is to be asked to play at The Oval. Some put the odds at 60:40 he will agree
Trescothick is a world class player. The inclusion of him will be a huge boost for England. He retired from international cricket in 2007 (I think) for mental stress. Actually, I don't know what's his actual disease is. He has got a problem of touring overseas. Both Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Strauss when they became captain, requested Marcus to consider his decision and make himself available for national cricket. But he always rules out the idea. He has been always saying ' That will never happen. I have retired from international cricket ' etc.

I am a big fan of Marcus, that's true also. His hitting is tremondous. If he agrees to play at the Oval, I guess it will be his farewell test along with Andrew Flintoff. But I always hopes that Trescothick starts to play international cricket regularly.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

5th Test, Day Two, and Australia have clearly been taking lessons from Zimbabwe in how to collapse - what they managed this afternoon was impressive, even by our standards.
8 wickets taken with just 72 runs conceded in the session. Outstanding.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Indeed unbelievable collapse ! Stuart Broad took 5 wickets and Graeme Swann took 4. England now has a lead of 270 runs with 7 wickets in hand. This test will surely give a result. With 3 days in hand, England is looking favourite. I think, they will bat through today and if possible they will take the lead around 500 runs and will try to bowl out Australia in day 4 and 5.

dontlez

Post by dontlez »

yeah,
Australia lost its fame
(signature edited by admin - no blatant advertising, please)