Logan Cup 2019/20 R2 ACHPP v Eagles & Rhinos v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup 2019/20 R2 ACHPP v Eagles & Rhinos v Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

What a nail biter between Rangers and Eagles! But was the double blow by Jarvis a bit too late? Munyonga seems to be guiding the Eagles quite masterfully...

16 required with a wicket in hand.

Robbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Robbo »

Is it definately two tests? If so fantastic, particularly as it's just been announced Ireland have cancelled their test v Bangladesh, and have their test in Sri Lanka pulled as well.

Sorry slightly off topic when there are two close finishes going on....love my test cricket...

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rangers are really going to struggle in the bowling department when Jarvis is rested or on national duty.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimcric

Post by zimcric »

It was quite dissapointing to see Rangers on the loosing side in their first match but they played well.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

This would have to be about the most exciting round of Logan Cup in memory.
No big scores but useful totals & some decent bowling returns. Big effort by the Eagles & an encouraging bowling return by Kyle Jarvis.
A bit of a worry for the Mountaineers with Shingi Masakadza not really producing. A fine chase by the Rhinos given their line up.
I checked the forum history & in 17/18 Brendan Taylor played the first game & got a ton. Then, after the series against the Windies he didn't play till the tour to South Africa. He missed the round that was scheduled in preparation of that tour.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Is Neville Madziva now focussing I’m batting rather than bowling?? Two really good knocks from him, such a shame they fell short.

The Rangers should be very happy with themselves, unfortunately their inexperience has hurt them there failing to defend 330, although looking at both scorecards it seems both pitches got better as the games went on.

Just shows how much a difference a sustained period of quality coaching & preparation from a good coach can do! You have to remember these guys from the Rangers are fairly unheralded players, a few names I noticed from U19s games a few years back but definitely not the cream of the crop. Brent & Campbell have got these guys prepared and they’ve come very close to winning their first Logan Cup match.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:09 pm
Is Neville Madziva now focussing I’m batting rather than bowling?? Two really good knocks from him, such a shame they fell short.
Yeah, probably the domestic match of his career so far. Typical Madziva grit. I would love him at 8 in the test team.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:34 pm
jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:09 pm
Yeah, probably the domestic match of his career so far. Typical Madziva grit. I would love him at 8 in the test team.
He needs some wickets

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:04 pm
He needs some wickets
Well that is true, but whether you go with Tiripano or Madziva (in current bowling form), they won't give you wickets at the international level anyway. Then it is down to who will give us more with the bat and dogged determination while keping things tight when they come on to bowl! Tough to choose at this point though...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 am

Well that is true, but whether you go with Tiripano or Madziva (in current bowling form), they won't give you wickets at the international level anyway. Then it is down to who will give us more with the bat and dogged determination while keping things tight when they come on to bowl! Tough to choose at this point though...
Madziva ironically has a much better strike rate in ODI cricket than he does in his domestic List A career, although he only played 12 ODI matches.

Obviously being a favourite of mine I’d really like to see go well & play more international cricket, but his bowling has really tailed off in recent years, I feel he really took the ‘Freeze out’ but Streak to heart & his numbers have never been the same.

At this stage I have Tiripano slightly ahead of Madziva & Mashinge for that No.8 - 4th seam bowling - allrounder spot