[MATCH THREAD] Pro50 R5 2019/20 Tuskers v Rhinos & Rangers v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Pro50 R5 2019/20 Tuskers v Rhinos & Rangers v Mountaineers

Post by jward »

Jemisi wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:38 pm
eugene wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:54 am
I honestly think ZCF should crowdfund the return of John's Zimbabwe Cricket Online. Those were the glory days.
YES
Thank you, I feel very honoured. But right now I'm afraid I'm not up to it - it is so difficult living in Zimbabwe these days, especially with my remaining savings being used up, that I just don't have the energy for any extra work. It's hard enough doing the job I have. Mental health issues, it is known as these days! I am having to consider emigrating to the UK, where I have right of residence and some benefits, because to have no money in Zimbabwe is to be destitute, unless you have family to take care of you, which I don't.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Genuinely makes me sad to hear this John. Honestly if you ever do move to the UK, please get in touch. You have my e-mail and we can discuss logistics

Googly

Post by Googly »

This place is never getting better, John. There is a very rocky road ahead here, Zanu are never going anywhere and even if if they had good intentions to fix anything, which they don’t, they don’t have the skills or the financial resources to know where to even begin. When you destroy a country to this degree it’s actually beyond repair.
England takes some getting used to, but everything works and as you said this is not a place to have no income.
What’s important is some kind of support base, you can’t really put a value on that. If you have any such thing waiting for you in the UK my 10c worth is don’t hesitate another day.

Googly

Post by Googly »

My man Klaasen playing beautifully. How he hasn’t had more games would be a mystery in any other country.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 pm
My man Klaasen playing beautifully. How he hasn’t had more games would be a mystery in any other country.
I can’t stand Shamsi. The guy is such a bellend who thinks he’s better than he is. Apparently he’s now regarded as SA’s number 1 spinner, which I don’t like the sound of at all. Completely and utterly over rated and wouldn’t get into many international sides without this quota system

Googly

Post by Googly »

He looks like Paul Adams after he’s had some bowling lessons.
That was another cracking game of cricket.
England need to have a poor day to lose against any side at the moment, what an incredible batting line up.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ngidi i'm losing interest in. I think he's bang average to be honest.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Ngidi i'm losing interest in. I think he's bang average to be honest.
Couldn’t agree more , like the nerdy girl at school you recon will be stunning at the ten year reunion... except sadly you were wrong and she never blossomed.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Thank you, I feel very honoured. But right now I'm afraid I'm not up to it - it is so difficult living in Zimbabwe these days, especially with my remaining savings being used up, that I just don't have the energy for any extra work. It's hard enough doing the job I have. Mental health issues, it is known as these days! I am having to consider emigrating to the UK, where I have right of residence and some benefits, because to have no money in Zimbabwe is to be destitute, unless you have family to take care of you, which I don't.
John go back to UK. Get your universal credit etc. Don't wait around in Zim for a miracle of change of fortunes.....Zim people being conning themselves by waiting and saying next year it'll get better for the last 40years and just a steady decline.
Much like a battered wife that still disturbingly, loves her husband!
There are club cricketers here that will soak up your wisdom. Let alone the higher echelons of cricket

Googly

Post by Googly »

Promiscuity and ill-gotten wealth go hand in hand here. I’m thinking that Heavy Into Vodka and Corona Light will be an explosive cocktail. It might be worth hanging in a couple more years :lol: