Zim Board XI & Chairman XI picked

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
MGN

Re: Zim Board XI & Chairman XI picked

Post by MGN »

What happened to Robert Chiminya? the fast bowling all rounder in 2018 u19 world cup.
The first guy in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZQBsuU0Qs

Googly

Post by Googly »

I dunno but Shumba looked about 22 back then :lol:
I see the Over 50’s World Cup was called off mid game this afternoon! That’s hard to understand, if they’re not being frog marched to the airport this evening what’s the point of such a Draconian move? I guess the ANC looked up and saw First World countries cancelling sporting events and figured they’d better copy them to pretend. It’s mind boggling the stupidity we deal with. All those players have tickets booked in a couple of weeks, most are reasonably well off and they’re just going to stay and enjoy Cape Town. The safest place to do that is in the middle of a cricket field. When Corona hits us these absolute morons are not going to have a single plan. The same Protex soap that Zuma claims cures AIDS is going to be sold out.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see the ZC page says there has not been a single Corona case recorded in Zim. Well that’s because they don’t have the ability to diagnose a case of leprosy, let alone a pandemic that has virtually identical symptoms to flu.
How do they diagnose it without the required test anyway? If anybody thinks there’s no Corona here with the volumes of people going to and fro from China they’re dreaming.
The second there’s a financial upside to diagnosing an outbreak watch what they do :lol: They don’t give a damn about us, they will spin this whichever way turns a buck.
They’re going to need new VX 200 series to visit the rural areas to see how it’s going for starters.
We live in mind boggling times.

Googly

Post by Googly »

High risk category is elderly rich people with HIV and TB who’ve recently traveled to do illicit deals overseas and to China in particular. I wouldn’t want to be an African politician for all the Corona in China. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Wait for the 5% Corona levy on fuel, imports and salaries.
The population here is so run down from a myriad of other things Corona is the least of our problems :lol: :lol:
It will be a blip on the radar.
We need proper people governing us real soon.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:24 pm
The second there’s a financial upside to diagnosing an outbreak watch what they do :lol: They don’t give a damn about us, they will spin this whichever way turns a buck.
Hey its worked for some in other countries, why not ZIM?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I can’t wrap my head around Ramaphosa’s actions. They’ve got about 5 “known” cases and he’s put SA on lockdown. No African leader has ever been this pro-active and I don’t buy it. Either it’s already a lot bigger than he’s letting on or it’s bullshit lip service. They want to be seen to be sitting at the big table and doing what normal countries do with no knowledge of how to actually go about it.
They will never ever close adjacent borders in Africa just for starters. If they officially close Beitbridge we’re really screwed because supplies will still get here, they’ll just be double the price again.
I understand that they want to limit a run on their broken health system but what i don’t understand- is the world wide goal to eradicate it? I don’t see how that’s possible. My understanding is that it’s here to stay and will keep revisiting us until there’s a vaccine. Also the possibility exists of it mutating.
So the goal has to be to keep it vaguely under control until there’s a vaccine. I don’t think that’s possible in Africa where every border is porous and there’s a free flow of people to and from China. If you’re not in the high risk category, catching it might not be the end of the world because theoretically you’ve now got immunity.
We’ve had one minister threaten US with war and now this moron indicates it’s happiness at it spreading through US, it would be a delight if it was the first official case here. :lol: If US are the first to develop a vaccine will she be the one sent to beg for it? Free of course!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think that if you look at HK and Singapore, you can see countries that have really curbed it. Hong Kong is a sardine can of a country. Yes I’ve been there, but for them to control it is impressive. Their hatred of China is useful at times. Chinese don’t visit.
And on that note, never doubt how much Hong Kongers hate China. I’ve never seen such anger when talking about another culture when I visited in 2018. They literally think they are British.

As for the immunity thing, think you might be wrong there, although I’m not entirely sure. I’ve read that many people have re caught the virus. And that getting it once doesn’t give you immunity. Just wears you down for round two, which is a big reason why it’s so scary.

You never know Googly, with the High HIV rate, the pinks may end up being the majority in Southern Africa after all after Corona sweeps through.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

No cricket for ZC means they save money. Perfect for them. Don't see much international sport happening for a few months. Another austerity year.

I saw Houghton saying these county tours really played a big part early on in his career. I think in the end its more about finding quality players than the results. I also don't think being called up to play against a county side with no domestic experience is being thrown to the wolves. It's actually perfect because they are a domestic side after all. Imagine getting a hundred against 1 of those sides. It can define a career.

Seeing Wes get some runs there too would have convinced the last doubters he had.