India in Australia Test series 2020-21

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: India in Australia Test series 2020-21

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

why is it so one sided?
I know pitches can be different but it shouldnt be this one sided
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Aussies didn't bat all that well. Could possibly be COVID rustiness...

Then again both sides had no problems racking up 300 and even 380 totals (Australia) during the ODI series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sensational fielding by the Aussies keeping what would have been a tight game into one which Australia is now well ahead in.

I find it interesting that cricinfo published an article about banning bouncers just because 4-5 Indian players have been felled by them. It’s always been part of the game, lol!

Also, I really have to question Kohli’s dedication a bit by leaving so early during such a big tour. As the teams best batter why leave so early? His child is still not born. He knew the schedule of this series well in advance, why schedule a pregnancy during such a big series? I’m not a big fan of men skipping important tours just because their child is being born. All that’s needed is a pregnant woman and the gynecologist. Call me old fashioned.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Pant playing a special innings here, this game could get interesting if Pujara & Pant take this game much further
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Brilliant guts & determination from the Indian side, not two traits you would have normally first thought of when thinking about them.

If there was any doubt before, surely now it’s clear who the No.1 Test side in the world is

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I'll be honest, I did not expect this level of grit from India. Specially after that 36 all out.

Rahane has now captained India in 4 tests (3 of them against Aus, 2 away from home) - 3 wins and a draw. Yet to lose.

Incidentally, his name "Ajinkya" in Marathi, his mother tongue, means invincible / undefeated. Living up to it.

He might as well lose the next one, but has been very admirable and wanted to make this statement while I still can :). The guy demands respect in the dressing room, clearly, both through his action and demeanor.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I really thought India might win this one. Pant was on fire, it was a shame he couldn't press on for the win.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I really hope India can take the final test in Brisbane. Given the number on absences and injuries they have they have done really well in Australia. This series has reminded me why I love test cricket. Not sure why anyone would be interested in all these T20 Leagues with madeup teams nobody cares about, the players included.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 pm
I really hope India can take the final test in Brisbane. Given the number on absences and injuries they have they have done really well in Australia. This series has reminded me why I love test cricket. Not sure why anyone would be interested in all these T20 Leagues with madeup teams nobody cares about, the players included.
If they can win in Brisbane it will truly be an incredible performance, Australia has not lost at the Gabba since 1986

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah this was a really good performance from India. They showed tremendous fight to just hold on for the draw. Had they a Sehwag, they would have likely won.