England in India Test Series | 2021

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

England in India Test Series | 2021

Post by Kriterion_BD »

First game underway!

England batting first. India heavy favorites for a 4-0. But England and Australia still in with a chance to qualify for the Final.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Re: England in India Test Series | 2021

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Solid start by the Poms. Root was in unreal form in SL but will that hold him in great stead in India - the toughest place for opposition batsmen to score runs in the current era?

I reckon Poms will need at least 400, and even then it may not be enough to avoid an innings defeat.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Crushing defeat for us, the feeling here in India until today morning was that we will still draw it, but some of the best reverse swing bowling I've seen from James Anderson. What a bowler he is!

India will bounce back, I'm sure, but credit where it's due, well played England.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Not a big fan if Nadeem. Out of all the spinners in the country, is he the best left arm option available?
Kuldeep should be in there for the next test match. I don't understand why Chahal doesn't get a gig in test cricket. He's a serious leg spinner in LOI and should at least get a run out. Sundar is going to be a talent for sure but I don't think he's a test spinner.
Axar Patel is somebody I wouldn't mind watching.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The big question is can England win another Test or draw two, to make this a drawn series? If that happens I think Australia and NZ qualify for the Final (???).

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:06 pm
Not a big fan if Nadeem. Out of all the spinners in the country, is he the best left arm option available?
Kuldeep should be in there for the next test match. I don't understand why Chahal doesn't get a gig in test cricket. He's a serious leg spinner in LOI and should at least get a run out. Sundar is going to be a talent for sure but I don't think he's a test spinner.
Axar Patel is somebody I wouldn't mind watching.
Yup Nadeem shouldn't have been picked and you are right about Sundar, he is not a test spinner. I agree on Chahal too, should at least be tried out in tests.

Rahane hasn't done a thing in the last 3 years and his place can come under serious threat from the likes of Iyer, Rahul or Pandey. Rohit has proved time and again that he is only a white ball player, he hangs in there because the likes of Shaw and Agarwal didn't quite take their chances.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:15 pm
The big question is can England win another Test or draw two, to make this a drawn series? If that happens I think Australia and NZ qualify for the Final (???).
I think they can, they are oozing with confidence, surely they've got the payers to do this again.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

BCCI have come up with a rank turner, this is getting over in 3 days. 🤦‍♂️

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:07 am
BCCI have come up with a rank turner, this is getting over in 3 days. 🤦‍♂️
Yeup, couldn’t take the chance to lose a home series

If only Australia had done the same the last two series 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:40 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:15 pm
I think they can, they are oozing with confidence, surely they've got the payers to do this again.
Where is Jos Buttler?