The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:26 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

He may have signed in because of Streak. I’m not sure, but I won’t go against you. Any roosters fan (looking at you Eugene) knows that quality attracts quality and athletes seem to like being on the winning team. Building something from scratch doesn’t seem to be high on any athletes agenda. Riding a winnings wave is.
But,
Ntiji as a coach was horrible but a funny guy, and the fact they have hit all these signatures means that ZC pays their coaches,AND the fact it is one of 11 test nations means they will always manage to get premium coaching talent unless they jew out on cash.
WE know that there is a possibility that Steyn would not be able to do his job 100% but does Steyn know that? Anyone in zim won’t warn him against it.
But, a bowlimg coach I feel is pretty d/c from the politics in general.
Their job is try and make mashinge or whoever slightly more focused. Don’t think zanu makes much difference here
Wasn't talking about Zanu. Not sure why everyone feels I'm always political.

Let's say Steyen comes in. He looks at the bowlers and goes, hypothetically "nup, Ngarava doesn't have it, he needs to go"...Maybe the board and the coaching staff are like, "ok, we'll accept this one for now".

Then next thing you know, he says, "Chamu shouldn't be bowling". Suddenly, he is talking about a mate. What are the chances what he says will then be accepted freely.

I would be desperate to have a guy like Steyn in our ranks. He would bring so much experience and skill to the bowling department that we know Douggie isn't bringing. Instantly for the young guys too, they have this machine of a bowler who is coaching them. A guy they have watched as they were growing up.
If the argument was ZC generally screws up their coaching relationships in the end, then I would agree with you.
If you Said that in two years Steyn would jump ship, I’d also agree with you.
But my whole point is, we could easily recruit Steyn. ZC have never struggled attracting coaches.
I doubt Dale reads these forums as avidly as we do (hey Dale if you are reading) so I doubt he will be thinking what happened to Phil Simmons will be weighing heavily on his mind, but if he wanted to get into the coaching game, a National spot, nearby, that is part time but pays full time.... he will jump all over that like a pedo at a wiggles concert.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Too soon but Sean Williams might make a good national coach at some point

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:57 am
Yep,
But he is one nigga I want to see stay for another World Cup cycle beyond the
Upcoming one. I think he and Craig have the necessary
fitness to play balls deep into their late thirties.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Williams i feel has just hit his peak in his career, he is scoring runs in all formats regularly and bowling pretty well too, alongside some pretty strong captaincy. Hopefully ZC doesn't take the piss but I think he will last until the next One Day world cup, assuming Zim qualify what will be according to all rumours a 14 team tournament which they nodoubt should.

I agree that he would make a good coach though, seems to have a very patient and strong mindset which is important with dealing with players who are strong in mindset before they even have the skills ready

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kallum wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Williams i feel has just hit his peak in his career, he is scoring runs in all formats regularly and bowling pretty well too, alongside some pretty strong captaincy. Hopefully ZC doesn't take the piss but I think he will last until the next One Day world cup, assuming Zim qualify what will be according to all rumours a 14 team tournament which they nodoubt should.

I agree that he would make a good coach though, seems to have a very patient and strong mindset which is important with dealing with players who are strong in mindset before they even have the skills ready
2023 WC is 10-teams, 100%. It's expanding in 2027, when Willo will be 40!!

ebir909

Post by ebir909 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:25 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:26 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

He may have signed in because of Streak. I’m not sure, but I won’t go against you. Any roosters fan (looking at you Eugene) knows that quality attracts quality and athletes seem to like being on the winning team. Building something from scratch doesn’t seem to be high on any athletes agenda. Riding a winnings wave is.
But,
Ntiji as a coach was horrible but a funny guy, and the fact they have hit all these signatures means that ZC pays their coaches,AND the fact it is one of 11 test nations means they will always manage to get premium players coaching talent unless they jew out on cash.
WE know that there is a possibility that Steyn would not be able to do his job 100% but does Steyn know that? Anyone in zim won’t warn him against it.
But, a bowlimg coach I feel is pretty d/c from the politics in general.
Their job is try and make mashinge or whoever slightly more focused. Don’t think zanu makes much difference here
Wasn't talking about Zanu. Not sure why everyone feels I'm always political.

Let's say Steyen comes in. He looks at the bowlers and goes, hypothetically "nup, Ngarava doesn't have it, he needs to go"...Maybe the board and the coaching staff are like, "ok, we'll accept this one for now".

Then next thing you know, he says, "Chamu shouldn't be bowling". Suddenly, he is talking about a mate. What are the chances what he says will then be accepted freely.

I would be desperate to have a guy like Steyn in our ranks. He would bring so much experience and skill to the bowling department that we know Douggie isn't bringing. Instantly for the young guys too, they have this machine of a bowler who is coaching them. A guy they have watched as they were growing up.
If the argument was ZC generally screws up their coaching relationships in the end, then I would agree with you.
If you Said that in two years Steyn would jump ship, I’d also agree with you.
But my whole point is, we could easily recruit Steyn. ZC have never struggled attracting coaches.
I doubt Dale reads these forums as avidly as we do (hey Dale if you are reading) so I doubt he will be thinking what happened to Phil Simmons will be weighing heavily on his mind, but if he wanted to get into the coaching game, a National spot, nearby, that is part time but pays full time.... he will jump all over that like a pedo at a wiggles concert.
Mashinge seems largely committed to working. The impact of Zanu doesn't seem much here.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

To be honest, even sometimes if the players are to be blame on the pitch, a fresh set of ideas is now required. The losses have been increasing now. It is time we bring in some new guys into the setup. At this point anyone as long as it is someone different. We are used to it as fans, but the losing is now getting out of hand.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:40 pm
To be honest, even sometimes if the players are to be blame on the pitch, a fresh set of ideas is now required. The losses have been increasing now. It is time we bring in some new guys into the setup. At this point anyone as long as it is someone different. We are used to it as fans, but the losing is now getting out of hand.
Be careful what you wish for. Pretty sure the guys who would be brought in will be Chamu and Elton.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

True. If part of Hamilton's role includes appointing coaches then we are in trouble. How can you fire your former coach and mates.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:25 am
True. If part of Hamilton's role includes appointing coaches then we are in trouble. How can you fire your former coach and mates.
Agreed. Coaches should not be a one man decision. It's quite clear we have regressed under the current coaching staff.