ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by tawac »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
All I will say if this was Hami or Utseya you guys would not be as sympathetic but anyway I have always known there are forum favorites just like there are ZC favorites and that is fine.

1 thing I will tell you know is that somebody only admits guilt if that’s the best case scenario. Both Shakib and Streak admitted guilt because they had a lot more to hide but I know some people will be too blind to see that.

To believe Streak is innocent but somehow was framed but he had to plead guilty and the real story will come out soon is something straight out of a movie. The only thing that can come from this is Streak exposing other people not him being innocent. He did it
Its will be interesting to see the case Mlotshwa comes up with especially given the fact that Streak admitted his guilt.Corruption is one thing that has been killing Zimbabwe. Such acts can never be condoned.
Last edited by tawac on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Flakeman wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am
eugene wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 pm
I am fighting the good fight against these clowns on Twitter, but it is tough, they are too numerous sadly.
Link??
https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 1601733632
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:10 pm
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21288&p=160554#p160554

One person quoting from rumored 3rd party chat that can happen anywhere between anybody. A post made 2 days ago, 7-8 pages ago. That too when the info on this was still just trickling in. But the statement here makes one looking at it feel as though that is the common belief of the forums. Everyone here has categorically condemned Streak's actions and rightly so. I don't see a point of sneaking in this statement as though it is the general feeling here.
I wasn’t even talking about just this forum believing that. I am talking from the ground right here what some people are saying. Look for me Heath Streak was not my Zimbabwe Cricket hero so I don’t feel the same sadness others are feeling and I will not feel bad for him either. Yes people here have condemned him but we all know the treatment here on this specific forum would have not been the same for others. I’m sorry but we all know that’s true.

I’m not celebrating either because I have a feeling there are a lot more people involved and this might not be the last we hear about this. Let’s see how people will react if somebody else who they don’t like is suspended for not alerting authorities that somebody had contacted because Heath Streak gave them the contact details. This is a very serious issue. We don’t how many people’s livelihoods have been or will be affected by this.

Also if you notice I have not commented on this thread or forum for days because I had not visited it. I never knew it was a crime to comment from something from 2 days ago that I saw today

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, you have a way with your words, that's for sure. The flow of that post is pretty clear and I'll leave it at that.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:57 pm

I wasn’t even talking about just this forum believing that. I am talking from the ground right here what some people are saying. Look for me Heath Streak was not my Zimbabwe Cricket hero so I don’t feel the same sadness others are feeling and I will not feel bad for him either. Yes people here have condemned him but we all know the treatment here on this specific forum would have not been the same for others. I’m sorry but we all know that’s true.

I’m not celebrating either because I have a feeling there are a lot more people involved and this might not be the last we hear about this. Let’s see how people will react if somebody else who they don’t like is suspended for not alerting authorities that somebody had contacted because Heath Streak gave them the contact details. This is a very serious issue. We don’t how many people’s livelihoods have been or will be affected by this.

Also if you notice I have not commented on this thread or forum for days because I had not visited it. I never knew it was a crime to comment from something from 2 days ago that I saw today
I know what I say may not be ideal, but I think we established previously that you don't like me, so either way.

You continually set yourself up as a ZC supporter or fan of the board, but always draw that line just enough to say you are not if needs be.

Not one person on this forum has said Streak is innocent nor defended his actions. Not one person has justified them. You have taking a post by a forum member out of context and jumped to your own conclusions. What sloan posted is not fact, but just a passing of information he had from a talk he had with another individual.

Perhaps people may respond differently when others are found guilty of something, sure, but that is not because of anything to do with race, but to do with the individual. Streak was an icon and a legend who up until now had done nothing wrong. Outside of cricket too he is a stand up guy having done much for the Ndebele community, and his adoption of a black kid in to his family. So yes, it is normal for people to feel a little hurt or upset about this when everything about the individual was stand up until now.

What you fail to understand is that if people have a history of corruption, lying, racism, or anything wrong, then yes they are likely to not be as highly regarded and looked down upon if they are punished in this manner.

We do know how many livelihoods have been affected. The ICC said 4, and we all know Shakib is suspended and that no one else took the offer. We also do know how many livelihoods have been affected by the board.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Nice post ^
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 pm
Nice post ^
+1

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:33 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 pm
Nice post ^
+1
+2
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

This is not fact..
My suspicious is that..that's why Cremer retired..
Again this is me throwing something out there..
Anyway Streak is the greatest Zimbabwe bowler and Of Course a a hero during his playing days..

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Streak made a mistake, just like Amir did and just like Steve Smith did. Streak has received his punishment and will have to live with his decision.

The difference here is that Streak is white and from the old Zimbabwe guard. The black board and media are unprofessionally celebrating this as some sort of validation even though their own conduct has been corrupt. In 2004 ZC was taken on over and went into 28$ million USD in debt. Where did that money go? Why was Zim cricket just fine until the white players left and a new board took over?

This is about race sadly and it always will be in Zim. We live in a sham country and I'm sick to death of absolute frauds runnings ZC with absolutely no cricket knowledge whatsoever and look for any opportunity to shift accountability to someone else. Its literally a child's playgroup.

Yes I am ranting but this whole Streak thing has brought out all the immature reporters like Sibanda and Zolsky who are popping corks in the takashinga clubhouse. Finally the narrative is no longer on the ZC board who have siphoned millions of dollars away from the actual players and system to fill their pockets...meanwhile heroes like Streak feel the need to share details for a Bitcoin and an iPhone to make a decent living even after being one of zim crickets finest players.

Isn't is convenient that white players rebelled and often went on strike? Why is it ok for ZC to not pay their players? Why is it ok that black zim cricketers are now looking abroad for options? Its literally this bad now. Why is ok that the domestic season and club cricket is basically non existent. Why is it ok our best players move overseas for better options such as Ballance, de grandhomme and Welch? Why is it ok to have a board with no crickey background? Why is it ok to have a support team with fake qualifications like Utseya? I could go on and on? So who really needs investigating?

Dont take this as support for Streak... its not however ZC is rotten to the core and has been since 2004. This story is taking the spotlight off them for now which is tragic really. No wonder our best players are jumping ship...none of us should ever blame them.

Zimdan out.