1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by tej_27 »

15 runs too many as I thought

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Thats it.. shutter down for Zimbabwe. Catch drops, poor batting in the middle order cost the match.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm
What did I tell you about jongwe. Selectors should look at UK stats jongwe and Kaia have done well in UK. Jongwe is trying to hit everything which is good to see
Jongwe is looking good, but I dont think you can really take club game form too seriously. Didnt Cephas get something like 250 in a club game there?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

We really should have won that. Plenty of negatives, in true Zimbabwe style. But I think theres lots of positives too. Great day for Jongwe. BT still to come back.

We got closer than I thought before this series tbh. I think we can win a match in this series now.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm
Zimco wrote:
What did I tell you about jongwe. Selectors should look at UK stats jongwe and Kaia have done well in UK. Jongwe is trying to hit everything which is good to see
Jongwe is looking good, but I dont think you can really take club game form too seriously. Didnt Cephas get something like 250 in a club game there?
Yes you can, premier cricket in the UK and aus is fairly strong. Apart from that it means they are playing cricket over the winter and learning some new skills In foreign conditions compared to the blokes that are sitting in Zim and aren't. Thirdly, it shows tenacity. Any cricket is good for skills. I think you need to play a lot of T20 to actually develop some of those skills which the Zim domestic season clearly doesn't have enough of. They play a lot of T20 in UK ( and a lot of cricket in India) cause of it staying light, not enough T20 in Aus.

The age of jongwe/Kaia is also ideal. I reckon cricketers hit peak at like 25-28.

Many of the Australian players have spent winters in the UK, more so probably in the past.
Last edited by Zimco on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

So close yet so far. You really need a big heart to support Zim. they have a lot to work especially the fielding it really let us down in this match.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Zimco wrote:
Yes you can, premier cricket in the UK and aus is fairly strong. Apart from that it means they are playing cricket over the winter and learning some new skills In foreign conditions compared to the blokes that are sitting in Zim and aren't. Thirdly, it shows tenacity.

The age of jongwe/Kaia is also ideal. I reckon cricketers hit peak at like 25-28.

Many of the Australian players have spent winters in the UK, more so probably in the past.
Roy Kaia definitely going to be in the Test squad next week and I think his bro Innocent Kaia might even have a chance too. I wonder if Jongwe could play himself into the Test squad if he has another couple of good days in this T20 series.
Last edited by secretzimbo on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
We really should have won that. Plenty of negatives, in true Zimbabwe style. But I think theres lots of positives too. Great day for Jongwe. BT still to come back.

We got closer than I thought before this series tbh. I think we can win a match in this series now.
Knowing Zim, it gets worse with each game remember? Next game Pak are scoring above 180 and us below 140.

If we bat first, (which i hope we try) , we are also not scoring more than 145, and losing within 16 overs.

That is the Zimbabwe trend, it always gets worse.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Zimco wrote:
Yes you can, premier cricket in the UK and aus is fairly strong. Apart from that it means they are playing cricket over the winter and learning some new skills In foreign conditions compared to the blokes that are sitting in Zim and aren't. Thirdly, it shows tenacity.

I'll rephrase, it should be taken with a grain of salt. You'll find that most logan Cup players traditionally do well when doing a UK stint.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Knowing Zim, it gets worse with each game remember? Next game Pak are scoring above 180 and us below 140.

If we bat first, (which i hope we try) , we are also not scoring more than 145, and losing within 16 overs.

That is the Zimbabwe trend, it always gets worse.
True first matches are our best chance