3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: 3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by Mr Twig »

Hasan Ali has been good. match winning bowling

Taylor looks really rusty.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Not a bad attempt from the guys, nice to see we have a few young talents coming through

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

tej_27 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:01 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:17 am
tgk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:01 am
Honestly, I'm fine with keeping both Craig and Willo out of the side if it means they're both nice and fit for the Tests. I wouldn't be too unhappy if we went with the same XI as last game although that may be a little harsh on guys like Mufudza and Chivanga who might've had a shot at playing. Kamunhukamwe's innings last game really annoyed me but after seeing Pakistan struggle like hell, his knock doesn't seem too shit. Could try opening with Kamu and Tary and drop everyone else down a spot. Anyway, here's my XI assuming Ervine and Williams are out injured and BT can't keep.

Kamunhukamwe
Musakanda
Taylor (c)
Marumani
Madhevere
Burl
Chakabva (wk)
Jongwe
Mufudza
Muzarabani
Ngarava

Pakistan will bring experienced guys today, that's also a factor in selecting Williams & Ervine. This type of situation comes rarely for Zimbabwe & they should'nt miss the opportunity
Pakistan can bring Shaheen afridi Hassan Ali Sarfaraz Ahmed and sharjeel Khan today ...if Williams is to come in I will replace marumani with him ..harsh on the young lad ..but with series at stake ..u need to accomdate Williams somewhere
Prediction went dead correct and Zim didn't gave so much importance to opponents tactics and got choked
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Why didn't Burl come in ahead of Jongwe? and arguably should have been ahead of Willo and Reggie in this situation too. Hope he isn't injured or something.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:18 pm
Why didn't Burl come in ahead of Jongwe? and arguably should have been ahead of Willo and Reggie in this situation too. Hope he isn't injured or something.
Hurt his finger I think.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Ah well. We didn't get humiliated and Marumani and Madhevere really gave me confidence. Bowling could've been a tad better, BT looks rusty, Willo...meh. Pakistan did a good job with ball in hand, can't fault that. Not the end of the world.

Hopefully the Tests go well, Ervine returning is essential.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

We are losing this 2-1 but this is still one of the better performances overall in recent times when it comes to white ball cricket. Competing well in all three matches and stealing a win - most of us would have taken that at the beginning of the series.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Look in the end we have improved. We could have won all 3 games. A few positives this time unlike the Afghanistan T20 series

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

That full toss should have gone for 6. Poor innings from Taylor

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

What we need to work on now before Bangladesh get here is our death bowling. We leak water too many runs at the end and it was the difference in the first T20 as well. We need better bowling at the end