3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by tej_27 »

Pak made 65 in last 6 ..whereas we made 38 ..10 runs in our favour each innings and we could have probably won

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We actually look like we have a team that could compete with teams on our own level in T20. Stopping the slide into the T20 abyss would be great. After this series I am actually confident we could beat Uganda.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Remember we were absolutely dreadful in the T20's against Afghanistan. This is a MASSIVE improvement. Won a game and were in winning positions in the other two. We were very competitive and gave Pakistan as much of a challenge as South Africa did.

Williams captained quite poorly in both matches he played and looks very unconvincing with the bat in this format.

Marumani & Madhevere are very exciting - these are the future. Marumani looks so cool at the crease. He & Jongwe have real swagger and a fearlessness that a lot of Zimbos haven't had in recent years.

I think we will be very strong in all three formats when Bangladesh tour in June & July.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:27 pm
Remember we were absolutely dreadful in the T20's against Afghanistan. This is a MASSIVE improvement. Won a game and were in winning positions in the other two. We were very competitive and gave Pakistan as much of a challenge as South Africa did.

Williams captained quite poorly in both matches he played and looks very unconvincing with the bat in this format.

Marumani & Madhevere are very exciting - these are the future. Marumani looks so cool at the crease. He & Jongwe have real swagger and a fearlessness that a lot of Zimbos haven't had in recent years.

I think we will be very strong in all three formats when Bangladesh tour in June & July.
what zimbabwe needs is to be able to hit those big sixes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Overall a good series for Zimbabwe, if anyone would have preficted a 2-1 scoreline with Zimbabwe being competitive in all three matches, not many would have believed.

Again Pakistan were at full strength today, they are a good side as such. So no shame in losing this series the way it went.

Lot's of cricket to come, Bangladesh next and then Ireland!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:54 am

He had bowled 5 overs before this match. had a catch dropped of him in the first one (like many other bowlers). Hasn't had much luck basically.

With the overall T20 left arm spin pecking order goes, it is surely Chisoro and Wellington well ahead of Ainsley and one series can't change it. He had been tried before. This seems a fair selection, despite the feeling that Hammy being at the top might influence. In fact even Ray Price played this exact role in T20s and wasn't a wicket taker. That's the role and if he does justice to that, then I have no complaints. And he has done that job for the 8 overs he has bowled in this series so far.
Ray definitely was a wicket taking option. You don't get to Number 1 in the world just keeping economy rates down. You need wickets too.

I'm not hating on Wellington because of his name or anything like that, just wouldn't be my preference. If we are saying we are picking on form, then Ainsley was the best form in the T20 comp. Quite simple really. When you are in clutch matches, you can't just try to be defensive.
With the Price comparison, I was specifically referring to T20s there. That World no. 2 ranking was in ODIs. I have also said that Wellington can't be the default option in ODIs and tests. Specifically in T20s, clogging up runs is a massive advantage and could lead to wickets at the other end if the bowler himself isn't getting any. He's played a decent hand in this series, with whatever opportunities he has got.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I wonder if Jongwe might have played himself into the Test squad? I expect the squad will be announced tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 pm
I wonder if Jongwe might have played himself into the Test squad? I expect the squad will be announced tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.
I really hope to see Myers in the squad

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

My thoughts are that this is the reason why BT must make every effort to play domestic.
He just looked a little rusty and off the pace, like I suff de or tee he would be
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 pm
I really hope to see Myers in the squad
So would I, but to be honest he doesn't seem to be in great form. Hasn't really done much in the domestic comp recently. :( Think we'll see at least one of the Kaia brothers in there.