State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by franco vazquez »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:11 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:24 pm
Do you know much about the names in this SA Emerging squad, sloan? Seems like its a mix of half good young talent and half a squad of pretty average domestic cricketers who probably wont get anywhere near the SA team in their careers.
With quota system, you never know. If Magala, Dala, Hendricks can get into the main team, so can Ntuli and whatever the guys are playing.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:26 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Do you know much about the names in this SA Emerging squad, sloan? Seems like its a mix of half good young talent and half a squad of pretty average domestic cricketers who probably wont get anywhere near the SA team in their careers.
With quota system, you never know. If Magala, Dala, Hendricks can get into the main team, so can Ntuli and whatever the guys are playing.
Fuck me. You are literally obsessed with quotas and race aren't you mate. It's unhealthy.

Was just asking sloan what he thinks of some of these players as he seems to know about SA domestic cricket. That's all.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Bryce Parsons is a serious talent

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:26 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
sloandog wrote:
You mean serious talent for Surrry or Central Districts?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

franco vazquez wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:33 pm
sloandog wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:26 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

You mean serious talent for Surrry or Central Districts?
No idea what you're talking about.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

franco vazquez wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
sloandog wrote:
I cant remember the guys name but bowled in the third game, his first over went for 21 and he continued bowling it short l, but it was so slow that it was coming back down into the batsman's arc, I've ever seen something so village in a "international" cricket game.

The SA emerging team is a joke, Jono Bird ans maybe Delano Potgieter are the only ones I can ever see actually going on to play for the proper proteas

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Looks like they've sorted out their issues, at least that is what cricinfo mentions today. I'm glad they did. Finally.

CSA Members' Council, interim board reach vital agreement

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/cric ... nt-1261091

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Is anyone else completely uninterested in SA cricket after they have gone batshit crazy?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:01 pm
Is anyone else completely uninterested in SA cricket after they have gone batshit crazy?
Nah, I'm a big follower of South African cricket. They have stupid amounts of talent which could either drip through the cracks or be given a wild card selection, like Malan against Australia in 2020 or Jansesn on the Pakistan test squad.

I grew up watching Smith, Kallis, Gibbs, Kirtsen, Pollock and Ntini smash the opposition to pieces. I guess I'm just holding out for a resurgence, because they actually have the talent

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:58 pm
franco vazquez wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

Fuck me. You are literally obsessed with quotas and race aren't you mate. It's unhealthy.

Was just asking sloan what he thinks of some of these players as he seems to know about SA domestic cricket. That's all.
I've watched a fair amount of franchise cricket mate. The standard is very high and you can't help but get excited when you see somebody like De Zorzi smash Rabada over his head for a six and then a pull shot for 4. Or Gerald Coetzee mop of Temba Bavumi and give him a send off. I love wtahcing South Africa. They just need to get their shit together now.