Ryan Higgins

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
WayneKerr

Ryan Higgins

Post by WayneKerr »

Is this feller the son of Doug Higgins?
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/cou ... -scorecard

Had a good game - 7fer and 33 runs.

perfect dibbly dobbler allrounder for the aim team...

get him in the team!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Ryan Higgins

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

the white community wants nothiNg to do with ZC.

Im in. few rhodesian type groups, and its very clear, to the point if you mentioned 'your son should play for zim' youll be considered a troll.
There is no trust there ata ll. I think ZC should do something to repair that relationship rather than 'dw we dont have quotas'

not being paid on time is a huge thing
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Im in. few rhodesian type groups, and its very clear, to the point if you mentioned 'your son should play for zim' youll be considered a troll.
There is no trust there ata ll. I think ZC should do something to repair that relationship rather than 'dw we dont have quotas'

Is it ZC’s fault that they are not being paid on time? Genuine question. If the ICC is in charge of their finances I don’t know how they can be at fault there

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

He's been tipped by some as an outside chance of playing for England recently so I doubt he'll ever be interested in Zim. Very consistent county all rounder with excellent figures. Surprised he didn't move to a Division 1 county earlier, but the new County format means he'll get more games against the top counties now anyway.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ryan ... ht-1260309

Would be good to see him come over and play Logan Cup in his off season though like his mate Ben Curran did.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If ZC were a serious lot they would push for dual citizenship for these kind of players and then from there just get guns for hire. Keep your county contract and play when you can

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:08 pm
If ZC were a serious lot they would push for dual citizenship for these kind of players and then from there just get guns for hire. Keep your county contract and play when you can
ECB eligibility is a very complicated minefield, but I think this isn't an option. They'd have to be registered as an Overseas for their county regardless of citizenship if they were playing for Zim. I think...

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

There are 2 Ryan Higgins. I think this one is the son of Doug Higgins:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/player/ryan-higgins-55518

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ryan Higgins and Dylan Higgins were two leg spinners. Dylan captained the Under 19's during the 2010 Under 19 CWC. He had real potential

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Played in the 2009 version of the Logan Cup and took some poles. Shame he left and went to Englan
I know he was earmarked by ZC as Cremer wasn't in contention at the time for the ODI side and we weren't playing tests at that point.

His older brother Ryan was a decent enough spinner

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Is it ZC’s fault that they are not being paid on time? Genuine question. If the ICC is in charge of their finances I don’t know how they can be at fault there
Even if it wasn’t, they have been doing it for years.
I got paid after the weekend instead of before and it fucked ip my finances so imagine months at a time, at a job you don’t need (if you’re brilliant) and that you need complete focus and commitment to complete properly.

Also,
I don’t Think you can justify someone like Makoni being on 240k a year after tax (play whatever other perks) with his record in a country as poor as Zim when you can’t even pay your players.
You’ll get great candidates with tracks records for half that price in high unemployment Zim.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*