2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by secretzimbo »

Bizarre selection really. So our batting was shit in the first....and we decide to play even less batsmen this time?!?!

What team on Earth ever needs both Jongwe & Tiripano? I'd have picked neither. Hope they prove me wrong.

Whats the point of having Chivanga in both T20 & Test squads and then not give him a chance?

Whats the point of calling Wes into the bubble and then not playing him?

Only good thing is Regis being promoted - possibly opening or batting number three. Hope he shuts his critics on this forum up.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

To me it’s more likely to have Jongwe scoring 20 and getting 2 wickets than Kaitano getting 20 uptop

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I don’t think Tiripano and Jongwe can bowl in tandem though. They won’t create enough pressure

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Tiripano releasing the pressure here. maybe Wes was called up as the concussion substitute.
Last edited by Zimco on Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:27 am
To me it’s more likely to have Jongwe scoring 20 and getting 2 wickets than Kaitano getting 20 uptop
Yeup I think that’s what they’re thinking
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I think we managed to win the first hour.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The way I see it, Musakanda has an opportunity of a lifetime to seal a permanent slot in the XI by scoring big in both digs here. Massive opportunity. And it is quite easy to better the incumbents too.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

If I was a Pakistani batsmen who would I want coming on first change tiripano or nyauchi, chivanga etc. No fear factor with both jongwe and tiripano.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 am
A strong wicket keeper batsman like Ryan Murray or a Peter Moor could have made this Playing XI look more solid.
Your wet dream, PJ Moor, scored 4 runs batting at number 7 for a bunch of boozers in Ireland yesterday and dropped an easy catch with the gloves. :lol:
& Taylor taking the gloves.
Have you seen the state and size of him?!?!?! He'd struggle to keep in an ODI at the moment, let a lone a 5-dayer!
Proven failure Chakabva is taking full advantage of non availability of Peter Moor and other domestic standard wicket keepers whom selectors have no or less trusts. Chakabva is as good as tailender in this Playing XI,
''Proven failure'' Chakabva has a higher Test average than anyone else other than Taylor in this team lol. If he's a failure then I dread to think how you'd describe the rest of the XI.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 am

''Proven failure'' Chakabva has a higher Test average than anyone else other than Taylor in this team lol. If he's a failure then I dread to think how you'd describe the rest of the XI.
Clutching at some serious straws there. There are 4 bowlers in this side, 3 brand new guys. A couple of youngsters and a guy who has no competition because we barely have a domestic scene.

Anyone on this forum would have good stats with side.