Blessing Muzarabani appreciation thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Blessing Muzarabani appreciation thread

Post by jaybro »

We haven’t had one of these for a while, probably due to the years of poor performances etc. But I think the big man Blessing Muzarabani is 100% deserving of an appreciation thread.

After leaving Zim for England he copped plenty in this forum, some stuff way below the belt too. But the level headed members knew that a few years away in a County system would do wonders for him.

Since returning he’s been head and shoulders above the rest as Zimbabwe’s best bowler and arguably best player! In Pakistan he won the third ODI with 5 wickets plus an extra 2 in the super over, whilst in Abu Dhabi he destroyed Afghanistan in the 1st Test, whilst he was nullified in the 2nd due to a very flat deck, he still kept things tight and got some 4th innings wickets.

Once again here in this test series against Pakistan on pitches not offering a lot of assistance, he’s bowling so well, taking wickets & again keeping things tight. Looking at his career numbers in tests he now has 15 wickets at 20 !!! Small sample size I know but considering his next 3 Tests are likely to be at home against Bangladesh & Afghanistan you would only think these numbers will improve again.

Zimbabwe are lucky to have such a talent!!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Marshmallow

Re: Blessing Muzarabani appreciation thread

Post by Marshmallow »

If the pitches even more seam friendly he can easily get plenty of wickets against afghan and bangladesh

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:57 am
If the pitches even more seam friendly he can easily get plenty of wickets against afghan and bangladesh
Thats what Zim wanted, but the problem is ZC thinks Pak pacers will damage Zim more in seam friendly pitches then in flat pitches, so Zim curators are going for making asian type pitches, without thinking about Zim pacers who are on 130s but can create heavy damage to opposition in seam friendly pitches

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I won’t lie, with what I’m seeing a part of me actually wishes he had stayed there and maybe had 2 full county seasons then come back. He would have been absolutely lethal. I think he is 90% there compared to guys like Ngarava who are 70% there. Hopefully we prepare carpets against Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

Also even though he has a long way to go, he might be the only person capable of catching Heath Streak in tests. This is especially true when you realize he will be playing mainly against Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ireland and Sri Lanka probably. He will be a serious handful for those sides
Last edited by TapsC2 on Sat May 08, 2021 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:51 am
I won’t lie, with what I’m seeing a part of me actually wishes he had stayed there and maybe had 2 full county seasons then come back. He would have been absolutely lethal. I think he is 90% there compared to guys like Ngarava who are 70% there. Hopefully we prepare carpets against Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

Also even though he has a long way to go, he might be the only person capable of catching Heath Streak in tests. This is especially true when you realize he will be playing mainly against Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ireland and Sri Lank probably. He will be a serious handful for those sides
Ngarava could too if he improves a little more

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:51 am
Also even though he has a long way to go, he might be the only person capable of catching Heath Streak in tests. This is especially true when you realize he will be playing mainly against Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ireland and Sri Lanka probably. He will be a serious handful for those sides
I wouldn't want to think that far into the future, having felt so with Chatara and then his broken leg changing the trajectory altogether.

Wishing Muzarabani a long, injury-free and fruitful career.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I like his action. It's very easy and free flowing. Reminds me of watching KG or Starc. If he had a bit more menace in his bowling, such as moving the ball off the seam, was able to add variation, hit those deadly lengths regulalry, he'd be one of the best in the game. I don't think Douggie is the coach to help him reach those heights.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

His length is a bit short currently similar to morne morkel. Morkel could have got more wickets If he bowled a bit fuller.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

He's done exceedingly well. I'd still rate Jarvis' body of work ahead of Blessing in Tests, but overall Blessing has done better (white ball heroics) and he's got a higher talent ceiling. I am excite to see how Bangladesh will approach him in a few weeks time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)