Blessing Muzarabani appreciation thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: Blessing Muzarabani appreciation thread

Post by Mr Twig »

Overall, Muzarabani has been a godsend to our bowling attack. If only we had a equivalent young batsmen performing like that.

And yeah, he seems to always be bowling on low and slow pitches. Imagine him bowling at the WACA or GABBA.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I'm honestly not panicking about our batters.
They're just kids at the end of the day, with a LOT of ability.

Shumba is going to be an excellent test cricketer, you can just see it in his technique. Wez will become one but I think he's going to dominate LOI's first. Myers is arguably the most talented of the lot and then Kaia has put his hand up for a middle order slot. Musakanda is also extremely talented but needs to focus on his application. Anyone with a brain and two eyes can see he has all the time in the world, he just needs to select his shots properly. Then there's the all round ability of Brad Evans, the improving ability of Ngarava and the pace of Chivanga who, by the way, I've been told was clocked at 90mph last week in the nets.

We have had almost ALL of our senior batters ripped out of the middle order, what did we honestly expect?

When those senior guys come back and they are integrated with the younger guys, we'll have a situation which we SHOULD have had back in 2004; talented youngsters feeding off the weathered, experienced seniors.

We just need Jarvis back fit to help mentor the young pace bowlers

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:33 pm

Shumba is going to be an excellent test cricketer, you can just see it in his technique. Wez will become one but I think he's going to dominate LOI's first. Myers is arguably the most talented of the lot and then Kaia has put his hand up for a middle order slot. Musakanda is also extremely talented but needs to focus on his application. Anyone with a brain and two eyes can see he has all the time in the world, he just needs to select his shots properly. Then there's the all round ability of Brad Evans, the improving ability of Ngarava and the pace of Chivanga who, by the way, I've been told was clocked at 90mph last week in the nets.

We have had almost ALL of our senior batters ripped out of the middle order, what did we honestly expect?

When those senior guys come back and they are integrated with the younger guys, we'll have a situation which we SHOULD have had back in 2004; talented youngsters feeding off the weathered, experienced seniors.

Best post I've read on this forum all week mate. Couldn't agree more!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 pm
sloandog wrote:

Best post I've read on this forum all week mate. Couldn't agree more!
And it's only a Monday

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

sloandog wrote:
the pace of Chivanga who, by the way, I've been told was clocked at 90mph last week in the nets.
:o

... and agree with pretty much everything else in the above post.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Where is the list?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Zimco wrote: