Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Mr Twig »

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:59 am
Bangladesh are only coming for 1 test now plus the 3 ODIs and 3 T20s.
Did you hear that from Tino Mawoyo?

It probably makes sense but he also said we're playing 5 T20s in Ireland, which is wrong. He could be wrong about the Tests too. When they ditch a Test, it usually means more ODIs and/or T20s in lieu.
Correcting myself: Zim are playing 5 T20Is in Ireland. My apologies. They added two games in lieu of Pakistan
https://www.midlands103.com/news/sports ... nter-pros/

Meanwhile, Australia are expected to release their cricket schedule for their upcoming summer this week. Zimbabwe's tour from last year was postponed, so we'll see if they fit that in for this year or not. An article from last week mentions New Zealand visiting which was also postponed from last year but no mention of Zimbabwe.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Meanwhile, Australia are expected to release their cricket schedule for their upcoming summer this week. Zimbabwe's tour from last year was postponed, so we'll see if they fit that in for this year or not. An article from last week mentions New Zealand visiting which was also postponed from last year but no mention of Zimbabwe.
I don't know if they will be able to schedule anything with Zim this year as Zim already have series scheduled and trying to arrange something by July/August this year may be rushing it. Outside of COVID it would not have been an issue. Anything with Zim will have to be end of the year which isn't an option seeing it is an Ashes year. So best bet is next year.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:54 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:22 pm

I don't know if they will be able to schedule anything with Zim this year as Zim already have series scheduled and trying to arrange something by July/August this year may be rushing it. Outside of COVID it would not have been an issue. Anything with Zim will have to be end of the year which isn't an option seeing it is an Ashes year. So best bet is next year.
Don’t they have a gap in September? Maybe straight from Ireland we go to Australia. It’s the only possible slot that I can see
Last edited by TapsC2 on Tue May 18, 2021 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Not if the IPL is rescheduled to then, but it could still work as Australia hardly needs their full team to play zim.

Australia and Zim would have to quarantine for two weeks at 3000 a player to come back to aus after that August tour in west indies and then play world T20 in October(in uae?).

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Zimco wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:58 am
Not if the IPL is rescheduled to then, but it could still work as Australia hardly needs their full team to play zim.

Australia and Zim would have to quarantine for two weeks at 3000 a player to come back to aus after that August tour in west indies and then play world T20 in October(in uae?).
I think the government would come to the aid in terms of the quarantine fee here. I very highly doubt that they would let CA or ZC foot the whole bill as that amount is enough to make the tour not worth it for either side. ICC should really come to come to some sort of support in these circumstances.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

No Zimbabwe in Aus Home Series. Afghanistan to play one off test https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/117 ... ost-opener
Not a good step Aussies & English team always neglects playing against lower ranked teams

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Yeah the big 3 could do more. Pakistan is a better friend to the associates than the big 3.

Australia and New Zealand did donate some money to PNG cricket for facility development and England county system has helped associated players historically plus England occasionally plays Ireland.

India occasionally plays Zim and I guess ICC money made by the big 3 pays for countries like Zim to get their grants from ICC.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Australia have announced a one off test against Afghanistan for Nov/Dec.

I expect some of the Afg players to stay on after for BBL so probably worked out well.

This is another benefit to having good players that are wanted in other T20 comps.

I'm guessing this means our series vs Aus is not happening, at least not this year.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:04 pm

I expect some of the Afg players to stay on after for BBL so probably worked out well.

This is another benefit to having good players that are wanted in other T20 comps.

I'm guessing this means our series vs Aus is not happening, at least not this year.
Australia will host only those nation which will bring profit to the board, it has been straight and clear

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:09 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:04 pm

Australia will host only those nation which will bring profit to the board, it has been straight and clear
Agree generally, but they are playing Afghanistan in a Test this year so credit where credit is due. Hopefully it will be Zim next year, but I suspect its still a political issue rather than financial.