Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:09 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:04 pm
Australia have announced a one off test against Afghanistan for Nov/Dec.

I expect some of the Afg players to stay on after for BBL so probably worked out well.

This is another benefit to having good players that are wanted in other T20 comps.

I'm guessing this means our series vs Aus is not happening, at least not this year.
Australia will host only those nation which will bring profit to the board, it has been straight and clear
Agree generally, but they are playing Afghanistan in a Test this year so credit where credit is due. Hopefully it will be Zim next year, but I suspect its still a political issue rather than financial.
Not political issue with Zim, Aussies even not interested in hosting Bangladesh. They rate profits so high that even in the recently concluded series against India, their official broadcaster refused to telecast test series once Kohli decided to leave the test series in midway.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:08 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:09 am

Australia will host only those nation which will bring profit to the board, it has been straight and clear
Agree generally, but they are playing Afghanistan in a Test this year so credit where credit is due. Hopefully it will be Zim next year, but I suspect its still a political issue rather than financial.
Not political issue with Zim, Aussies even not interested in hosting Bangladesh. They rate profits so high that even in the recently concluded series against India, their official broadcaster refused to telecast test series once Kohli decided to leave the test series in midway.
With Zim it quite obviously is political.... Thats the reason Eng & Aus haven't played us for the past 16 years.

Australia are forced to play us for some ODI Super League matches at some point though so at least we'll see that happen in the next year or two.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

The only window left in 2021 to play Australia would have been August 2021 which Zim is unavailable as they already commited to the away series in Ireland some time ago.

Looking through the future tours program, I think Australia has no cricket from late July 2022 until October/November 2022 when they host the T20 World Cup. Surely Zimbabwe can slot in there somewhere for the 3 ODIs in Townsville and Darwin and possibly a T20Is series as was rumored.

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:13 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:08 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

With Zim it quite obviously is political.... Thats the reason Eng & Aus haven't played us for the past 16 years.

Australia are forced to play us for some ODI Super League matches at some point though so at least we'll see that happen in the next year or two.
England haven't played against Zim either home or away because of Politics, but Australia played against Zimbabwe in 2014-15 odi series in Zim, and T20I tri series in 218 involving Pak & Zim in Zim. Aussies haven't called Zim for Aus tour for 18 years now because of less competition and loss in earning for the broadcasters.

Aussies will definately tour Zim for ICC Odi league but there is no hope for matches with England at present situation as two boards haven't come into an issue in resuming cricket

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

There's certainly been a bridging of some sort between the ECB and ZC.
The fact that Derbyshire were due to play here before the pandemic was a step in the right direction.
I'm not saying we'll see England play a 3 match test series in Harare anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure within the new 3 years we'll have some kind of T20 or ODI series.
It all very much depends on this next generation. If they can prove themselves and show they have what it takes to beat the best, the ECB, BCCI and CA won't be able to ignore the fact they have a duty to keep play the lesser nations.

Rajkumar Sharma

sloandog wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:46 pm
The fact that Derbyshire were due to play here before the pandemic was a step in the right direction.
I'm not saying we'll see England play a 3 match test series in Harare anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure within the new 3 years we'll have some kind of T20 or ODI series.
It all very much depends on this next generation. If they can prove themselves and show they have what it takes to beat the best, the ECB, BCCI and CA won't be able to ignore the fact they have a duty to keep play the lesser nations.
India toured Zimbabwe even in their bad times when other rejected to play in Zimbabwe. Last 10 years haven't seen India cancelling any tours in Zimbabwe, only one tour is cancelled thats tour of India by Zim due to schedule problems. Zimbabwe tour has always been special for India players like MSD, KL Rahul, Yuzi Chahal began their careers in Zim and now they are stars.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Fri May 21, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Surely a three test tour to Zimbabwe by Australia or England could be arranged? You could probrably fit the three tests into a ten day window at most.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:57 pm
sloandog wrote:
India toured Zimbabwe even in their bad times when other rejected to play in Zimbabwe. Last 10 years haven't seen India cancelling any tours in Zimbabwe, only one tour is cancelled thats tour of India by Zim due to schedule problems. Zimbabwe tour has always been special for India players like MSD, KL Rahul, Yuzi Chahal began their careers in Zim and now they are stars.
I think you underestimate the level of politics involved in cricket lol. You really think India toured Zim during those dark times with nothing in return? ZC subsequently voted with the BCCI on ICC issues constantly for years. In exchange for fixtures.....

Interesting that we've developed clearly a strong friendship with Pakistan over the past year or so at ICC level.

BCCI are absolutely just as bad as England or Oz or Pak or anyone haha.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

eugene wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm
Surely a three test tour to Zimbabwe by Australia or England could be arranged? You could probrably fit the three tests into a ten day window at most.
The most ridiculous thing I've read on here for a while unless it's sarcastic

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:04 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:57 pm
sloandog wrote:
I think you underestimate the level of politics involved in cricket lol. You really think India toured Zim during those dark times with nothing in return? ZC subsequently voted with the BCCI on ICC issues constantly for years. In exchange for fixtures.....

Interesting that we've developed clearly a strong friendship with Pakistan over the past year or so at ICC level.

BCCI are absolutely just as bad as England or Oz or Pak or anyone haha.
Generally rich board are bad, first it was ECB now BCCI. Its because of BCCI, ZC is getting a good profit share from ICC. Hope BCCI becomes more bad and create pain in the ass for others :lol: