PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:27 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 am
Irish domestic low quality ? so far they played two test against top teams and surprised them with their bowling. All they missing is putting things in order, once they get a renowned coach they will be ahead of Bangladesh & WI in tests
That point was about the general quality of domestic cricket in Ireland. Not about Ireland national team's performance as a test team.
Its improving gradually, competition, high scores, one sided affairs has been seen so far, moreover plenty of allround talent in Irish domestic cricket this year. Good to see Irish cricket offering some assistance in their tracks for bowlers.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:06 pm
farhanhussan wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Irish domestic seems to have better quality. Pj need time to get accustom with conditions
It’s really low quality tbh. Generally lower quality than Zim domestic I think.
Irish domestic low quality ? :lol: so far they played two test against top teams and surprised them with their bowling. All they missing is putting things in order, once they get a renowned coach they will be ahead of Bangladesh & WI in tests

Erm yeah. I was talking about domestic not the national team mate.

I’ve watched 3 full matches on the live streams now in their entirety and I think half the players would struggle to get picked for franchises here. They have much worse depth than Zim clearly. Some of the bowling in particular is atrocious. Actually watch some cricket rather than guessing and you will probably agree.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:06 pm
farhanhussan wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:23 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:41 pm
Irish PJ out for 1 today.

Averaging 2.5 in Ireland so far.
Irish domestic seems to have better quality. Pj need time to get accustom with conditions
It’s really low quality tbh. Generally lower quality than Zim domestic I think.
Well what can I see Irish weather is bowlers friendly. Still there r scores of above 200s in list A. And this is true for batting first and 2nd.
Zim domestic cricket list A scores were mostly below 200s on pitches with no assistance for pacers.
Chisoro was taking bulk of wickets but against pak he was never looking like picking up wicket.
So it implies domestic cricket is at the lowest standard.
Interesting to see how these top 2nd strides guys do againnt an average south African A team.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

PJ moor opened the innings and goes for quickfire 23 of 16 balls

Rajkumar Sharma

After Niall O'Brien, Ireland team is in search of quality wicket keeper batsman. Moor can be excellent addition if he meets all the formalities of Irish Citizenship.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:40 pm
After Niall O'Brien, Ireland team is in search of quality wicket keeper batsman. Moor can be excellent addition if he meets all the formalities of Irish Citizenship.
You keep banging the drum, don't you? I admire your determination. Serious question though, I would like to know what PJ has done in the last, let's say three years, to be called 'excellent' for an international team? Living in the past.

I watched the stream this morning and it looks like his wicketkeeping standards have fallen even further. I do wonder if he spends any time or attention on his keeping at all at this point. Several poor mistakes I saw. I think it's a concentration issue.

Averaging 9 with the bat as well, as an opener.

If he's Irelands great new hope I think we can safely say their future is even bleaker than Zim's lol.

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:44 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:40 pm
You keep banging the drum, don't you? I admire your determination. Serious question though, I would like to know what PJ has done in the last, let's say three years, to be called 'excellent' for an international team? Living in the past.

I watched the stream this morning and it looks like his wicketkeeping standards have fallen even further. I do wonder if he spends any time or attention on his keeping at all at this point. Several poor mistakes I saw. I think it's a concentration issue.

Averaging 9 with the bat as well, as an opener.

If he's Irelands great new hope I think we can safely say their future is even bleaker than Zim's lol.
Too early to say standard of Moor has fallen. There were plenty of great players who struggled in english condition with bat and also some top class wicket keeper who struggled keeping against moving ball. With time such players have improved and showed their class

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Too early to say standard of Moor has fallen. There were plenty of great players who struggled in english condition with bat and also some top class wicket keeper who struggled keeping against moving ball. With time such players have improved and showed their class
He's never been a top class glovesman or even close to it though to be fair.

I used to really love PJ as a batsman at the peak of his powers and I really hope he can regain it, honestly I do. But he's done nothing of note for a long time and stories of him missing matches to go on holiday and not turning up to training etc in Zim makes me think he isn't that bothered. I hope the new surroundings in Ireland spur him on.

But I do think people are still living in 2017/2018 when they say he is class or 'excellent' or anything like that. Let's see how he goes.

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:59 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:53 pm

He's never been a top class glovesman or even close to it though to be fair.

I used to really love PJ as a batsman at the peak of his powers and I really hope he can regain it, honestly I do. But he's done nothing of note for a long time and stories of him missing matches to go on holiday and not turning up to training etc in Zim makes me think he isn't that bothered. I hope the new surroundings in Ireland spur him on.

But I do think people are still living in 2017/2018 when they say he is class or 'excellent' or anything like that. Let's see how he goes.

Still prediction with just 3 games in English Condition is bit harsh. His test & odi average is still better then 13 years of proven failed wicket keeper Regis Chakabva. Haven't got the support he deserved.

zimbofan88

Post by zimbofan88 »

Pj’s cricketing career looks over. He might get to play few t-20s for Ireland but that should be it. Ervine made a similar decision long time ago but quickly came back and worked really hard to cement his place here. After committing to ZC for so long, Moor could have just waited few more years. People were saying he could be the captain in the future. Once the big 4 leave, ZC will surely try to keep good and “faithful” guys to their setup. Anyways wish PJ good luck, he was a handy test player and overall a nice guy. He just couldnt score big when he got opportunities( logan, emerging/ developmental squads, practice matches etc).