Sponsors

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
farhanhussan

Re: Sponsors

Post by farhanhussan »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:30 am
farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:05 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:19 am
Burl shouldn't have done this on a public forum, it doesn't reflect well on the organization that is true. Having said that, I think ZC can let him off with a warning, anything more than that will be harsh at this stage.
He should. Cricket is being killed in Zim. Players should withstand. ZC officals earning a lot but can't give money to players who r playing for them.
We've seen enough of those player strikes and protests and all that haven't we? Did anything change?

ZC got dismissed, they were powerful enough to get themselves suspended and then got back onto power... So all these efforts are futile.

At least they are organizing more games, Zim A tours etc. So these kind of complaints can be taken up internally with the board rather than public shaming. That's just my view.

For example if I have a problem with the company I work for, I discuss it internally with my management, my HR etc... If I post something on a public platform then I get fired immediately. Holds good for any reputed organization in the world.
well they hve been discussing with board with no avail, strikes were nullified by some weak players who opted to call it off but it's now neccassary to call off ZC. ICC should step in and need to do comprehensive audit, the money can't be let looted to corrupts. I heard salaries of higher management in range of 20 k. That's like princely life in zimbabwe. Power to players instead adminstraion, have ZC done anything to groom cricket in zimbabwe. Standards are dropping every day. No player is interested to remain in this ZC set up if he may hve decent opportunity to go somewhere else.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:30 am

We've seen enough of those player strikes and protests and all that haven't we? Did anything change?

ZC got dismissed, they were powerful enough to get themselves suspended and then got back onto power... So all these efforts are futile.

At least they are organizing more games, Zim A tours etc. So these kind of complaints can be taken up internally with the board rather than public shaming. That's just my view.

For example if I have a problem with the company I work for, I discuss it internally with my management, my HR etc... If I post something on a public platform then I get fired immediately. Holds good for any reputed organization in the world.
Burl was not criticising the board. His tags were even to New Balance. Players have a right to reach out to sponsors. It does not mean that ZC was at fault. Burl has done nothing wrong and by reaching out he has secured a sponsor he would never have if he kept quiet. Players are allowed to do these things if it does not affect the board, and in this case the board has not been spoken ill off.

All well and good to arrange games and all, but if you players don't even have proper footwear, how can you expect them to play.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The real questions are how does it work? Who is supposed to provide the footwear and how has the process worked in the past. If we get those answers then we will know who was wrong in this situation. In the end it’s a professional environment and there are procedures. Undermining the reputation of your employer is a no in any situation

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Fuck me. This incessant posting by farhan and Mr Sharma are so boring now. Across multiple threads in recent days. It’s like talking with children. Joined here hoping for adult discussions with what I thought were ‘Zimbabwe Cricket Fans’. Not incomprehensible idiot children from the sub continent who clearly can’t read, and very clearly absolutely despise zimbabwe.

Maybe social media is better after all - with actual fans who actually know what they are talking about, are willing to engage and learn, and want to actually support the country.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am
Fuck me. This incessant posting by farhan and Mr Sharma are so boring now. Across multiple threads in recent days. It’s like talking with children. Joined here hoping for adult discussions with what I thought were ‘Zimbabwe Cricket Fans’. Not incomprehensible idiot children from the sub continent who clearly can’t read, and very clearly absolutely despise zimbabwe.

Maybe social media is better after all - with actual fans who actually know what they are talking about, are willing to engage and learn, and want to actually support the country.
Sounds like these Sub continent beings are starting to piss you off

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He's not on his own either. The threads are turning tedious again

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

sloandog wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:27 am
He's not on his own either. The threads are turning tedious again
Its the kind of trolling you see on face book , they make it almost impossible to have a actual discussion based on facts with them.

I doubt they actually read your responses, they just post they hog wash non stop

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

Sorry mate again. Enjoy the time.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:36 am
ZC is murdering cricket. It was nice story about burl..

Zim players need to take step and should bycot this ZC. Do it now, this will hve opportunity to get rid of ZC. But most players can't take this step. It will kill cricket in Zim for loong term.
It’s been tried. The black fringe players just don’t get on board and see it as their opportunity to get a National gig.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am

A conspiracy is one of them could be black mamba/stone man returned, but under a new more sanitised account/s.

Not sure if you were here but that was wayyy worse than these two. Like on steroids.

At least these guys do habe good thoughts.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*