4th Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Tinah09

Re: 4th Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Post by Tinah09 »

foreignfield wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:56 am
Time to move on from Chari for sure now. Just not good enough at this level.
We should ave moved on from Chari years ago. zC gave him ample chances to come good. It's not going to work out. Time tobstartvaffording opportunities to a fresh batch of players. Surely Murray, Kanhukamwe, Moor etc can do a better job

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:24 am
Playing 3 List A matches and not having a single wicket to show at the end of it is probably not how Chivanga would have loved his career to start, hope he can learn from this. Clearly has some gas.
Agreed, raw pace is something Zim has needed for decades. With guidance Chivhanga xan be devastating

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

We may be about to assemble our best team on paper but I just think we will not win games without match temperament. We seem to be impatient at the crease, play unnecessary shots and lose wickets cheaply. A serious smart coach is needed here to make something out of the talent we have. you never see any Zim team at say 121-1. it is always these 70-3, 80-4 and when you look at the dismals against the match situation at the time it is just poor shot selection or an unnecessary heave. The mindset is not there and that is worrying. There is no strike rotation and the initial instinct is to hit a 4 or a 6.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Another absolutely rubbish shot from Chamu to make it 82-4 after 18 overs. Instead of rebuilding and transferring the pressure as we are At a good rate of about 4.5 rpo with 7 wickets in hand, you play uppishly and get caught at mid off. Just shocking cricket.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:03 pm
Another absolutely rubbish shot from Chamu to make it 82-4 after 18 overs. Instead of rebuilding and transferring the pressure as we are At a good rate of about 4.5 rpo with 7 wickets in hand, you play uppishly and get caught at mid off. Just shocking cricket.
Yes that wan't expected from a senior internationally experienced pro. Stoneman!!! Robot!!! Spiderman!!!! Superman!!!! :lol: it was hilarious.Someone told me today on criticizing Chibabha... but doesn't know what it means.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Mutumbami has regressed to a state where he is no more a backup for Regis. Sad.

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZC should sign a short term affordable contract with MRF Pace Foundation here in India, for training some of their young pacers under the guidance of Glenn McGrath

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 pm
We may be about to assemble our best team on paper but I just think we will not win games without match temperament. We seem to be impatient at the crease, play unnecessary shots and lose wickets cheaply. A serious smart coach is needed here to make something out of the talent we have. you never see any Zim team at say 121-1. it is always these 70-3, 80-4 and when you look at the dismals against the match situation at the time it is just poor shot selection or an unnecessary heave. The mindset is not there and that is worrying. There is no strike rotation and the initial instinct is to hit a 4 or a 6.
This is very true and unfortunately it's because 90% of the players have been losing for a decade straight. They have gotten used to it and rarely show any fight. Just go back to that final T20 against Pakistan. The kids played without that mentality and as soon as the senior guys got on it was over. I just saw BT face about 6 balls and knew we were done and dusted.

I have seen it multiple times over the last 5 years. I remember another T20 when PJ and Mavuta were taking the game to SA and you could see inbetween overs they believed.. they believed they could smack a few sixes and take it to the end. The senior guys gave up. Even against Afghanistan this year you saw Burl having a crack at Rashid Khan or when he did it against Shakib. The younger guys believe but the older guys seem to have accepted losing like its another day in the office

This is also why I really respect Sean Williams. He really will take the game to the very end once he gets in. We also saw Jongwe doing whatever it took to take that final test to the next day. You should never make it is. Mentality is everything in sport

Donald

Post by Donald »

I think with youngsters like myers and marumani seeing them integrated into the national squad they will learn a hell of a lot.
You think about it if they play well you can guarantee one of at least Taylor ervine Williams or raza will come good.
Can't say the same about supposed senior guys like mutambami or chari. I mean ewwww

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:49 pm
Mutumbami has regressed to a state where he is no more a backup for Regis. Sad.
He's been in wretched from, hasn't he?