First unofficial Test : ZimbabweA vs South africaA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: First unofficial Test : ZimbabweA vs South africaA

Post by zimbos_05 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:41 am

Or gotten out playing those shots.
That's the wrong attitude. Can't be going to bat thinking, "if i play a shot, i will get out". This is where players need to change the attitude and develop the game. They need to go out there thinking that they can score runs off most balls, even if it is just a 1 or 2 (rotating the strike), but knowing that not every single ball is hittable and that is where learning when and how to leave comes in to it.

If you have a fear of getting out, then you add more pressure to yourself and you are bound to get out. Our players mindset has to change, and once that does, so will their game.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

'I will play test cricket one day!' Twitt by Ryan murray. So it's an indication that he will return to zimbabwe🤔

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 am
'I will play test cricket one day!' Twitt by Ryan murray. So it's an indication that he will return to zimbabwe🤔
When did he tweet this? Maybe he will play for England 😂😂😂

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:54 am
Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 am
When did he tweet this? Maybe he will play for England 😂😂😂
https://twitter.com/Ryan14Murray/status ... 00874?s=19
Go and check✌️

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

We can keep harping about all the "history" of ZC and their handling of the players etc. But it is difficult to find much fault in general with them in the last few months. Despite the COVID situation, they have managed to arrange regular cricket - both domestically and for the national side, and now the A team matches (not to forget the women's fixtures as well). So, if one was available and interested, it is not difficult to feature in a series and get noticed and fast track themselves to A team selection / national selection - like Evans and Chipungu for example.

So, really, for Murray to not yet do that, he must either be occupied currently with other priorities, and for Evans to ignore the selection and go away would also have to be different priorities. ZC can't be blamed at this point for non-featuring of folks like Murray and Evans, surely.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:

That's the wrong attitude. Can't be going to bat thinking, "if i play a shot, i will get out". This is where players need to change the attitude and develop the game. They need to go out there thinking that they can score runs off most balls, even if it is just a 1 or 2 (rotating the strike), but knowing that not every single ball is hittable and that is where learning when and how to leave comes in to it.

If you have a fear of getting out, then you add more pressure to yourself and you are bound to get out. Our players mindset has to change, and once that does, so will their game.
Agreed.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:

:lol: I wasn't talking about fear, I wasn't talking about attitudes, I was talking about probabilities.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:40 am
We can keep harping about all the "history" of ZC and their handling of the players etc. But it is difficult to find much fault in general with them in the last few months. Despite the COVID situation, they have managed to arrange regular cricket - both domestically and for the national side, and now the A team matches (not to forget the women's fixtures as well). So, if one was available and interested, it is not difficult to feature in a series and get noticed and fast track themselves to A team selection / national selection - like Evans and Chipungu for example.

So, really, for Murray to not yet do that, he must either be occupied currently with other priorities, and for Evans to ignore the selection and go away would also have to be different priorities. ZC can't be blamed at this point for non-featuring of folks like Murray and Evans, surely.
ZC can't be blamed for so much currently, but cricket is in a terminal decline in Zimbabwe because of their actions 20 years ago. I'm not sure it will ever recover, unless the nation as a whole can change for the better. I doubt many people in any industry want to stay in Zimbabwe now, let alone professional athletes.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

foreignfield wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:25 am

:lol: I wasn't talking about fear, I wasn't talking about attitudes, I was talking about probabilities.
You can't really have one without the other.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:40 am

Dont agree. No player in their right mind would move overseas to play club cricket rather than an A tour then leading into a full on test series against Bangladesh. Evans has likely moved because the money is better at club level overseas and his living conditions would be significantly better. You cant blame him really.

Dont doubt ZC are doing what they can to get cricket played, but even black cricketers are moving on. This tells you all you need to know.

Try living here. Its not easy.