State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: State of SA

Post by slcricfan1 »

Ireland have just hit 290 against SA. From a neutral perspective pretty nice to see Ireland becoming a properly decent team even if they do nab a few South Africans themselves

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Yea good on the Irish

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Lots of South Africans exdomestics and few Zimbabweans in that Ireland set up. Might see new Irish power to get promoted through African talents like ECB

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

The way Ireland are playing against South Africa, it looks like Zimbabwe will be in for a 3-0 drubbing at the hands of the Irish next month.

There are so many good teams out there, Zimbabwe's chances of qualifying for 2023 look very bleak. They are probably the weakest of all 13 teams. 🤦‍♂️

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:07 pm
Lots of South Africans exdomestics and few Zimbabweans in that Ireland set up. Might see new Irish power to get promoted through African talents like ECB
1 Saffer and 0 Zimbos in today’s Irish XI(10 Ireland-born I think). And the Irish domestic scene remains much much much weaker even than Zim.

But yeah really relevant point, great post.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:06 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:07 pm
1 Saffer and 0 Zimbos in today’s Irish XI(10 Ireland-born I think). And the Irish domestic scene remains much much much weaker even than Zim.

But yeah really relevant point, great post.
Lol I wasnt going to say anything but I was thinking the same.

Some people, maybe even me, really need to adhere to the ‘less is more’ posting strategy. Less posts, and when you are posting, more pointed content.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:32 pm
The way Ireland are playing against South Africa, it looks like Zimbabwe will be in for a 3-0 drubbing at the hands of the Irish next month.

There are so many good teams out there, Zimbabwe's chances of qualifying for 2023 look very bleak. They are probably the weakest of all 13 teams. 🤦‍♂️
My prediction from a couple years ago was ZIM would be fighting tooth and nail with Ireland and Netherlands to avoid being last in the SL.

This will be the first huge challenge for not just the Big 4 (Taylor, Williams, Ervine, Raza) but also the new Big 5 (Madhevere, Myers, Marumani, Musakanda, Muzarabani).

If the top ranked side from League 2 finshes the World Cup Qualifier ranked ahead of the 13th SL team, they will replace them in the next SL cycle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:06 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

My prediction from a couple years ago was ZIM would be fighting tooth and nail with Ireland and Netherlands to avoid being last in the SL.

This will be the first huge challenge for not just the Big 4 (Taylor, Williams, Ervine, Raza) but also the new Big 5 (Madhevere, Myers, Marumani, Musakanda, Muzarabani).

If the top ranked side from League 2 finshes the World Cup Qualifier ranked ahead of the 13th SL team, they will replace them in the next SL cycle.
True mate, Zimbabwe have got their work cut out. Will be interesting to see if they can step up. I hope they do.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:26 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

True mate, Zimbabwe have got their work cut out. Will be interesting to see if they can step up. I hope they do.
Isnt the Super League going to be cancelled with an expanded world cup after this cycle? It wont make any sense after that besides being a champions trophy qualifier.

As for Ireland let's wait and see. They have a long way to go. You didnt see people here saying Zimbabwe is back when they beat Pakistan in Pakistan last year to claim 10 points.

Consistency is key and as far as I can see Afghanistan and Ireland have got a long way to go before they get to Bangladesh or Sri Lanka's level. You have to be able to consistenly compete(not necessarily win) in any conditions for you to get to that level.

The 1 off test between Afghanistan and Australia will show what I mean if it still takes place. It's going to be ugly judging by what I saw a few months ago

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:26 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Isnt the Super League going to be cancelled with an expanded world cup after this cycle? It wont make any sense after that besides being a champions trophy qualifier.

As for Ireland let's wait and see. They have a long way to go. You didnt see people here saying Zimbabwe is back when they beat Pakistan in Pakistan last year to claim 10 points.

Consistency is key and as far as I can see Afghanistan and Ireland have got a long way to go before they get to Bangladesh or Sri Lanka's level. You have to be able to consistenly compete(not necessarily win) in any conditions for you to get to that level.

The 1 off test between Afghanistan and Australia will show what I mean if it still takes place. It's going to be ugly judging by what I saw a few months ago
14 teams world cup will surely reduce the importance of WSL but I think it will still be on, as will be the qualifiers. I think they will make it like top 10 from WSL directly qualify with another 4 qualifying from the qualifiers.