Second ODI Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Second ODI Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh

Post by TapsC2 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:55 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:26 am
The BT decision was also harsh and cost us maybe 40 runs. Our own guys never ever have our backs but also at the same time with all his experience BT should have never found himself in that position.
What position? It was a freak accident. Not like he was deep in his crease and stepped back to play a shot. How can you blame BT for it.
He shouldn't be hitting his wicket with his follow through in the first place. Practicing or not. That's all I'm saying. Basic training that all coaches from junior level stress about. It was an accident yes and he should not have been given out according to most people's interpretation of the laws.

Had that been Maruma you would have understood what I'm saying better. I also think he almost hit his wicket earlier too

The person I'm upset with over the incident is Langton Rusere. He should have done better but our own umpires have a history of being harsh on their own guys, even in domestic games

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yes, it is pretty clear it should have been declared not out by most interpretations. Begs the question - how and when does ICC respond with corrections to rules whenever any of these dubious calls happen? Also, why can't they allow match referees step in when such calls are being made?

Rusere would have probably just looked at whether the bails fell off because of the bat hitting it and would have declared it as out, without even considering other variables at play.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:23 am

He shouldn't be hitting his wicket with his follow through in the first place. Practicing or not. That's all I'm saying. Basic training that all coaches from junior level stress about. It was an accident yes and he should not have been given out according to most people's interpretation of the laws.

Had that been Maruma you would have understood what I'm saying better. I also think he almost hit his wicket earlier too

The person I'm upset with over the incident is Langton Rusere. He should have done better but our own umpires have a history of being harsh on their own guys, even in domestic games
I may not like Maruma, but I am fair. Would not have "understood" if it was him.

BT's incident was freakish. Yes, it's taught to care for your wicket, but his incident was very bizarre that you can't really be picking on him for it. You can't sit here and be saying that "BT should never have found himself in that position" because it was not intentional. Therefore, it was not something he "found himself in".

It's kind of clutching at straws to analyse where we went wrong. You talk about basic training, but most of our guys don't even know how to use their feet, or bat with a straight bat, or catch a ball. That is basic training. Being told to care for your stump is not something you train.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

It’s simple.
We need a batting coach that mastered it himself and did it in the modern game.
I’d also prefer a bowler coach of the same standards.

A bowling coach of Steyn and a batting coach of someone like Grant Elliott is what is needed.

I picked those names as they are recent, had the goods themselves and would surely jump at the chance to have an international gig.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:01 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:23 am

I may not like Maruma, but I am fair. Would not have "understood" if it was him.

BT's incident was freakish. Yes, it's taught to care for your wicket, but his incident was very bizarre that you can't really be picking on him for it. You can't sit here and be saying that "BT should never have found himself in that position" because it was not intentional. Therefore, it was not something he "found himself in".

It's kind of clutching at straws to analyse where we went wrong. You talk about basic training, but most of our guys don't even know how to use their feet, or bat with a straight bat, or catch a ball. That is basic training. Being told to care for your stump is not something you train.
The ball hits Maruma's stumps long before he has a chance to hit them with his bat :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

To have Ervine and Sean Williams back in the side is going to be integral. Both bring a weight of experience and they will lend, if nothing else, a level head

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

A whitewash, at home against BD is not on.

Seeing what we have seen in the 1st and 2nd ODIs, Ideal batting line up.

Taylor
Chakabva
Myers
Madhevere
Raza
Marumani
Burl
Jongwe
Muzarabani
Chatara
Ngarava

Marumani can clear the ropes and has the attitude. He is rather too reckless to bat up top, would rather have him in the middle to death overs. BT has the shots required to play in the powerplay, he comes in early either way. Regis can keep the scoreboard ticking, he is not a slogger.

Alternatively

Shumba
Taylor
Chakabva
Myers
Marumani
Raza
Burl
Jongwe
Muzarabani
Chatara
Ngarava

Shumba can give the famed left/right combination and a level head whilst Taylor is the aggressor.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

espncricinfo 🗣️ Shakib al Hasan: I think the mindset is more important than physical preparation at this level

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

"Bangladesh have defeated Zimbabwe in 18 ODIs in a row." WTF, didn't know this

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

T20I's rescheduled and brought forward by a couple of days. Combination of reasons - broadcast partner is having 'difficulties', and also both Zim & Bangladesh need extra time for Covid protocols/quarantine etc ahead of their next series against Ireland & Aus respectively.