1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:05 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 pm
tgk wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:00 pm

27 in 18. Literally any other bowler today could've kept it below 9 runs this over to give us some chance of a miracle. Anyway, can't blame this one over for the game, we should've batted much better today.
No. It is all about the final over, have at least 9 to defend and you have a chance. That Ngarava over, every staunch supporter knew that was going for runs, how can Raza not know that, nonsense this team
In a T20 game even 40 is chasable in 18 balls if 8 wickets are in hand.
My point is 10 or 11 to get in the final over is a tricky chase, wickets in hand will not matter because a wicket is a dot ball. If that 18th over was tighter we had a good chance. I have seen many Zim defenses, we have won when there is at least a few runs going into the final over. Sometimes our losses are our own doing

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 pm

No. It is all about the final over, have at least 9 to defend and you have a chance. That Ngarava over, every staunch supporter knew that was going for runs, how can Raza not know that, nonsense this team
My point is 10 or 11 to get in the final over is a tricky chase, wickets in hand will not matter because a wicket is a dot ball. If that 18th over was tighter we had a good chance. I have seen many Zim defenses, we have won when there is at least a few runs going into the final over. Sometimes our losses are our own doing
Where is the experience?. Present group is not capable of such tough ask, neither they have come through such type of situation, last time i found any Zim bowler to do that with a succes, was Nevil Madziva against Dhoni but in that case ask was 6 in 1 ball, which generally goes on bowlers way

T20 game is changed now, and Bangladesh players also have some experience with leagues, they have the chasing calculations in mind
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yvmnaidu

Post by Yvmnaidu »

u stop playing cricket Zimbabwe

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:12 pm
lobsang wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:10 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:01 pm

It was 27 off 18 and at that point there is a definite (small) chance. Absolutely abysmal captaincy by Raza.

calling that abysmal is ridiculous indeed 🤣🤣🤣 you really need to grow up buddy. If that 18th over yielded a wicket and few runs. You would be saying "what a good captaincy". The match was literally lost in the first innings. 90-2 at the start of 11th over, they should have at least scored 175 plus runs.
Sorry but bringing on a guy who has been slogged all over the park and is bang out of form to bowl a crucial over when you still have a tiny chance of winning is unforgiveable. How can you defend that captaincy? It's lunacy.

And I am probably the world's number 1 Sikandar Raza fan. I don't criticise him lightly, at all.
This game was not lost When Richard came in to bowl. If he had brought in Wes to bowl that over and Wes goes for runs that is justifiable, but to bring your worst bowler on the day to bowl that over is senseless. Don't why these guys are failing to see that. Get to the final over with 10 or 11 to defend and you may win a game without even taking a wicket, simple.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:17 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Where is the experience?. Present group is not capable of such tough ask, neither they have come through such type of situation, last time i found any Zim bowler to do that with a succes, was Nevil Madziva against Dhoni but in that case ask was 6 in 1 ball, which generally goes on bowlers way

T20 game is changed now, and Bangladesh players also have some experience with leagues, they have the chasing calculations in mind
Read to understand! Rather get to the final over with at least 10 or 11 to defend and we could have done that if anyone else was bowling besides Ngarava. Anyone can panic in the last over and miss 2 deliveries, next thing you need boundaries and that is not easy if the bowler is bowling accurately. We still could have lost yes, but we just had to put ourselves in a position where we can win. If you still do not get this point, then just leave it. I'm sure cricket people on here do.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:58 pm
tgk wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Jesus fucking christ man literally any of Wes, Raza, Wellington, Jongwe would've done the job here what a dumb decision to bring on the most shaky bowler of the game at a crucial juncture
Seems new in watching T20 game. 20 runs in 16 balls with 8 wickets remaining isnt considered crucial juncture in T20 game
Clearly you do not know the game as much as you think you do hey. And you do not read to understand. People are saying if we brought in someone to be decent and concede 7 in that over, which a Wes had the potential to do, it would be 20 needed of 12, then possibly 11 of 6 needed. Even if you have 100 wickets in hand, how does that matter? please answer this.
Last edited by CholeZimbo on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:17 pm
u stop playing cricket Zimbabwe
Yeah I'm at my limit, ban this person please.

Rajkumar Sharma

In 11 overs Zim were 92 and the target the gave was 152, 60 runs were scored in last 9 overs @6 an over, the game was finished there.

Zim lower order comprising of Musakanda, Burl, Jongwe failed to deliver late bursts. After Elton Zim havent found a good finisher, Tiripano & Moor were improving when they batted at this position, but present ones lack hard hitting skills.

Doesnt know wheather these boys does base ball hitting drills or not, which has been adopted by top teams for developing hard hitting skills.

Rajkumar Sharma

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
tgk wrote:
Jesus fucking christ man literally any of Wes, Raza, Wellington, Jongwe would've done the job here what a dumb decision to bring on the most shaky bowler of the game at a crucial juncture
Seems new in watching T20 game. 20 runs in 16 balls with 8 wickets remaining isnt considered crucial juncture in T20 game
Clearly you do not know the game as much as you think you do hey. And you do not read to understand. People are saying if we brought in someone to be decent and concede 7 in that over, which a Wes had the potential to do, it would be 20 needed of 12, then possibly 11 of 6 needed. Even if you have 100 wickets in hand, how does that matter? please answer this.
You are thinking too much on ifs & buts. Its a T20 game think in a T20 way, even a decent bowler cant make you win with 8 wickets remaining hand and 18 balls remaining, such situation only mattered if Zim had taken away 5 wickets.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
tgk wrote:
I wouldn't bother mate. Echo chamber! He doesn't read other peoples posts.