Zimbabwe Tour of Ireland / Scotland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe Tour of Ireland / Scotland

Post by TapsC2 »

lobsang wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:05 pm
I do not really mind not seeing Raza and Taylor in the upcoming T20 series against Ireland. Wes, Marumani and Myers need to play all the 5 T20s specially Maurmani who was very low on confidence against Bangladesh. Zimbabwe are not part of the ICC T20 World cup happening later this year so they can afford to give chances to these kids to grow their games before the 2022 T20 world cup that happens in Australia. We all are aware that Taylor and co will not be around for more than two to three years so with those eventualities in view, it is time to nurture these kids, Zimbabwe should not drop Marumani i do really see something in this kid, they gotta keep persisting with this kid at all cost. Even without those two senior guys the line-up looks pretty strong.

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Chakabva
Williams
Myers
Burl
Wellington
Muzarabani
Ngarava
Chatara

With replacement options like Jongwe, Tiripano, Shumba and Musakanda
I 100% agree with this. I just think he should have said 2 out of the big 4 and not specifically BT and Raza. Marumani was the obvious drop and I think that would have killed his confidence. For this tour Williams and Ervine need to play every game so it makes sense

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

Ireland is not simply team to win. bowling is not upto the task.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Ireland’s T20I squad:

Andrew Balbirnie (Captain), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Josh Little, Barry McCarthy, William McClintock, Kevin O’Brien, Neil Rock, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White, Craig Young.

Ireland’s ODI squad:

Andrew Balbirnie (Captain), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Graham Kennedy, Josh Little, Andy McBrine, Barry McCarthy, William Porterfield, Neil Rock, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young.

Ireland Wolves squad:

William Porterfield (Captain), Murray Commins, Stephen Doheny, Matt Ford, Mike Frost, Graham Hume, Graham Kennedy, Jeremy Lawlor, Josh Manley, Neil Rock, Lorcan Tucker (plus two players to be added).

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:09 am
squad to tour Ireland:

Williams, Ervine, Taylor, Burl, Chakabva, Madhevere, Raza, Marumani, Musakanda, Myers, Shumba, Chatara, Jongwe, Welly, Blessing, Ngarava, Tiripano

Posted by an sports editor
+Kamunhukamwe

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I was wondering why Kamunhukamwe wasn't in Namibia. For me personally I think he needs to work on his game. Having Kamunhukamwe and Marumani as your openers is a recipe for disaster.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

The T20s will be broadcasted on Ireland's Youtube channel whilst the ODIs will be on BT Sport in the UK.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

In India the entire Ireland series is live streamed on Fancode.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Zimbabwe Cricket has made a big u-turn and will now include Brendan Taylor in its T20 squad for the Ireland tour. Raza will however still play no part in the T20 series.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:17 am
Zimbabwe Cricket has made a big u-turn and will now include Brendan Taylor in its T20 squad for the Ireland tour. Raza will however still play no part in the T20 series.
https://www.newsday.co.zw/2021/08/zc-re ... -decision/

Donald

Post by Donald »

Its got to be marumani and madhevere as the openers. They did ever so well against bangladesh in last match