Zimbabwe vs Ireland Second T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland Second T20

Post by slcricfan1 »

where has secret gone to in the last few days. Miss his insight

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Marumani averages 12 in T20 ..and 9 in the last 5 games ..it's good to show faith in him ..but at the expense of Taylor ? It's a tricky situation and I know the coach is trying to blood in some youngsters but they should be playing on merit not cause they are young and need to be played

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

tej_27 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:24 pm
Marumani averages 12 in T20 ..and 9 in the last 5 games ..it's good to show faith in him ..but at the expense of Taylor ? It's a tricky situation and I know the coach is trying to blood in some youngsters but they should be playing on merit not cause they are young and need to be played
who else is young and talented lmao? ANd it's not at the expense of anyone, otherwise, Williams would've protested it. It's better to transition like this than what happened with Sri Lanka and south africa. These t20s are worthless btw. Thats why all the gun players arent playing anyway. This sereies is to give experience and test out these young guys.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Unlike the Namibia series, these guys are competing and more importantly certain players are improving. Imagine the confidence Shumba got from his batting today. His first decent international knock. He had to be smart and reinvent himself which I guess is what Rajput wanted. I don't have a problem with him there, it's his overall record that's the problem.

From what I have seen so far. I would say I rate the new crop as potential replacements for..

Shuma= Ervine
Madhevere= Williams
Burl= Raza
Myers= Hami

We still don't have a potential BT replacement yet in my opinion. Maybe Murray but he spent too much time away

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:55 pm
Unlike the Namibia series, these guys are competing and more importantly certain players are improving. Imagine the confidence Shumba got from his batting today. His first decent international knock. He had to be smart and reinvent himself which I guess is what Rajput wanted. I don't have a problem with him there, it's his overall record that's the problem.

From what I have seen so far. I would say I rate the new crop as potential replacements for..

Shuma= Ervine
Madhevere= Williams
Burl= Raza
Myers= Hami

We still don't have a potential BT replacement yet in my opinion. Maybe Murray but he spent too much time away
id have thought myers would be BT. He is the most talented isnt he?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Dissappointing result for Zimbabwe. They fought OK but I thought the bowling was a bit below par there. Also with Stirling batting there is not point bowling a spinner in the power play.

Anyways, couple of days off and then we have back to back games... As of now these two sides look pretty evenly matched.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:04 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Shuma= Ervine
Madhevere= Williams
Burl= Raza
Myers= Hami

id have thought myers would be BT. He is the most talented isnt he?
Talent wise he could be that good but I was just looking at his style of play. He can be a consistent version of Hami. A version of Hami who never took time off to go to Uni. These guys are getting a lot of game time. Wesley has already played 25 international games

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The plan probably is by the time the big 4 leave, these kids must have played at least 50 international games each

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:19 pm
where has secret gone to in the last few days. Miss his insight
Struggling for internet connection! The perils of living in Zimbabwe!

Great win on Friday. Tough luck today - very surprised by Shumba, didn’t think he was capable of an aggressive innings like that.

Going to be a very tight series by the looks of things. Still confident we will win the ODIs with BT, Blessing and maybe Williams if he plays,

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So we seem to keep unearthing new issues, but to me they are consistency issues.

It's clear we have the talent. It's very clear we do not have the mentality.

We really need to have a coaching and leadership group that can instil that in the players and get them to learn how to be smarter players. We didn't bowl too many more extras than Ireland, but extras is an issue of ours across the formats. Our bowlers need to be smarter in deciding the types of balls they will bowl and the field they sets.

Our batting usually has only one or two contributors, and this needs our batsmen to be smarter. Wes started well, but went out because he played a cross batted shot and his feet never moved. Basic errors, but something that should be out of his game by now. It's not because he's not been coaches or developed on this properly and theres a clear mental lacking in our players.