1st ODI Zimbabwe vs Ireland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 1st ODI Zimbabwe vs Ireland

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:41 am
This will be the last time they will have this super league format when they see South Africa having to play the qualifiers because their fixture list much harder than the smaller teams' . It doesn't make sense if everybody isn't playing everybody.

For example it's possible for the Netherlands, Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan to get 60 or 70 points off each other. Add a couple of 2-1 defeats against medium ranked teams and you could find yourself on 100 points. Sri Lanka for example would have to win 6 of their next 9 games to get past 100 points.
Yes, this was a serious loophole and the ICC let it happen because teams like England could avoid Zim, etc. that way. Makes no sense if everyone is not playing everyone else. But they may continue with that format or something worse because it is no longer about being accurate.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I see Hami is there with the team. Only guy in formal clothes. He basically comes on every tour. Must be draining to come from a long career to start travelling the world again.. unless the allowances are good :lol:

It actually makes me wonder if they hired Hami and Jarvis, what role do they have for BT in the future? I actually can't picture him doing anything else really. Batting coach maybe? Problem is I think the jump from his salary to batting coach might just be too much that it will put him off. I just hope they keep all of these guys in the system.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:27 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:14 am
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:46 am

The average score on this pitch is 230+ & the successful chase Ireland ever had is 237 only. So just assumptions that Irish could have chased 266
At the 30 over mark, Ireland needed 132 off 20 overs with 8 wickets in hand and the requred run rate was only 6.60

Ireland collapsed and by doing so, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. As a Bangladesh cricket fan, I'm an expert at identifying when teams manage to fuck up a perfectably chaseable chase.
Honestly doesn’t sound like you watched the game at all. Maybe I’m wrong but you are sounding here like one of those Indian dudes who take a quick glance at the cricinfo scorecard at the end of the match and then make dozens of (incorrect) presumptions based on it.

Hard pitch. 266 a more than fantastic score that literaly every single Zim fan was delighted and impressed with. Well done to the Zimbabwean batsmen for winning the game. Very happy with them.
Hello, what do you mean by 'those Indian dudes'? There are many Indians on this forum who are here even before you found this forum. Do not generalize, do not presume. You are contradicting your own self.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

dude means friends.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:12 pm
dude means friends.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:12 pm
dude means friends.
i think he knows what dude means, he is more angry that he generalized all Indians (in a negative way) in his post
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Generalise all Indians lol? You guys should learn to read better.

When did I say 'all Indians do x'? I didn't. Chill the fuck out guys.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:03 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:14 am

At the 30 over mark, Ireland needed 132 off 20 overs with 8 wickets in hand and the requred run rate was only 6.60

Ireland collapsed and by doing so, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. As a Bangladesh cricket fan, I'm an expert at identifying when teams manage to fuck up a perfectably chaseable chase.
Honestly doesn’t sound like you watched the game at all. Maybe I’m wrong but you are sounding here like one of those Indian dudes who take a quick glance at the cricinfo scorecard at the end of the match and then make dozens of (incorrect) presumptions based on it.

Hard pitch. 266 a more than fantastic score that literaly every single Zim fan was delighted and impressed with. Well done to the Zimbabwean batsmen for winning the game. Very happy with them.
Hello, what do you mean by 'those Indian dudes'? There are many Indians on this forum who are here even before you found this forum. Do not generalize, do not presume. You are contradicting your own self.
Because that is very relevant mate. :?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:

Lets just agree to disagree and celebrate a game well won by Zimbabwe. Whatever the circumstances, ZIM won, so it really doesn't matter.

We can argue again after the 2nd or 3rd ODI. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:50 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 am

who would you bring instead of myers? Btw I`d give 3 years
So 3 years of uninterrupted selection and play, regardless of what's happening. What happens after the 3 years if he doesn't progress as you expect him to?
selection for the squad. if he doesn't progress, we bring in another talent??