Rumours......

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
lobsang

Re: Rumours......

Post by lobsang »

Oh geez! dampened all the excitement I had for the final ODI tomorrow.Williams and Raza, judging by their fitness, both have another 3 years of cricket left in their tanks at the top. And 2023 World Cup would be a great send-off to BT and Slug, two great servants of Zimbabwe cricket . And these talented bunch of young lads need seniors' guidance and advice to grow their games for next two to three years. Zimbabwe cricket will be in shambles if this "multiple players' retirements" turns out to be true. Hopefully it is just a rumour.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:41 am
Who is the chairman of selectors?
Unless it’s changed recently I think it’s still David Mutendera with Gavin Ewing and Prosper Utseya the other members of the selection panel. I would imagine Hammi has a lot of say though. And once the boys are out on tour Rajput in theory picks the XI.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

We mentioned in one of the match threads - think it was the warmup match Vs Wolves - how miserable and downbeat Raza looked on the field.

I’m really sad about him. I’m sad about Williams too but Raza in particular is a favourite of mine.

Will BT stick around after this?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Amazing that there were some clueless people on here who thought alienating our best players last week was actually a good idea haha.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

We all know the true colour of ZC and it is understandable if these seniors make the decision they are making according to the rumour but i think they should have done it way back in 2015 like Taylor did. They were relatively young and Williams and Raza both would have found a greener pasture oversea but Alas! with their age right now, it is a very bad timing to call it a day.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

lobsang wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am
We all know the true colour of ZC and it is understandable if these seniors make the decision they are making according to the rumour but i think they should have done it way back in 2015 like Taylor did. They were relatively young and Williams and Raza both would have found a greener pasture oversea but Alas! with their age right now, it is a very bad timing to call it a day.
Genuinely this doenst make sense to me. These guys have been through way more harder stuff and kept strong. This is so sudden. A solid xi was just coming togehter with a clear achievable goal in mind. A few youngsters are popping up and now a revolt? Against what? Rajput or other components of the admin?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I'll wait to hear more concrete details of it, but as it stands, I find it frivolous that they are talking about retirement due to Rajput! The guy is not even Zimbabwean and can be (and already has been?) dispensed with. It is not like it was Mangongo or someone who is also a Zimbabwean and has a lot of the board support. Even Mangongo himself was removed, so Rajput is a nobody in ZC power circles. It sounds quite strange that they are making him the target, For me, it appears like the target is someone else in ZC and they are just using the Rajput situation to send a message.

If Mutendera is indeed the chairman of selectors, then him, his contemporaries, ZC and the previous ZCU admin all have a lot of history and there is indeed sense in speculating what might be going on there. I could understand the 2004 saga, suspension related saga, nonpayment related saga, but this bout of rebellion sounds a bit strange, for the lack of better words...

Donald

Post by Donald »

Raza is actually a poor 20 20 player at least for the national team.
His form dictates that he should not be there.
Taylor on the other hand is a good players in multi formats

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:23 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:41 am
Who is the chairman of selectors?
Unless it’s changed recently I think it’s still David Mutendera with Gavin Ewing and Prosper Utseya the other members of the selection panel. I would imagine Hammi has a lot of say though. And once the boys are out on tour Rajput in theory picks the XI.
How would you rate Mutendera's performance overall in terms of selection?

For me the negatives- Chibhabha, failing to manage the senior players and K-long constantly getting picked

The positives- Bringing Jongwe back even though he wasn't killing it on the domestic scene. Ngarava. The 4 u19 players

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:37 am
I'll wait to hear more concrete details of it, but as it stands, I find it frivolous that they are talking about retirement due to Rajput! The guy is not even Zimbabwean and can be (and already has been?) dispensed with. It is not like it was Mangongo or someone who is also a Zimbabwean and has a lot of the board support. Even Mangongo himself was removed, so Rajput is a nobody in ZC power circles. It sounds quite strange that they are making him the target, For me, it appears like the target is someone else in ZC and they are just using the Rajput situation to send a message.

If Mutendera is indeed the chairman of selectors, then him, his contemporaries, ZC and the previous ZCU admin all have a lot of history and there is indeed sense in speculating what might be going on there. I could understand the 2004 saga, suspension related saga, nonpayment related saga, but this bout of rebellion sounds a bit strange, for the lack of better words...
I’d assume the movement to phase out the older players with the new players is a directive from the board, so Rajput would have their support
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement