Breaking... Taylor retires

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jayb

Re: Breaking... Taylor retires

Post by Jayb »

Also Rajput is worse than Joe Biden, he is like a fucking dementia patient.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Jayb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:25 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:12 am
Look guys, selection issues are there in every damn country.

Recently Ashwin was kept out of the entire test series against ENG. Aamir has not been picked for T20 WC by Pak, Root has not been picked by ENG. Faf, Immi and Morris have been left out by South Africa, Ross Taylor is dropped by NZL. I can go on.

I do agree that most of these teams have a big talent pool to choose from though, but it is not quite the case with Zimbabwe but still. Brendan has given so much to ZC, just non selection for T20s or issues with the coach should never have been a reason to retire.

And it is not like he is completely ruled out of T20 selection. He might as well be selected for qualifiers.

I have great respect for Taylor, but this decision is not correct.
Sam shut the fuck up. This decision is the correct one. He has had to put up with nearly 20 years of this bullshit; his house being broken into, his wife getting grabbed, board crap, incompetent coaches. If ZC had the slightest bit of decency they would let a legend of the game finish on his terms, they wouldn't force him out of T20 like he's just some middle order plodder. This dude is a national legend. I haven't been on the forum a while, but felt every fucking indian retard that can't spell properly saying it's the wrong call needs to be set straight. It's the right call, theres only so many times you can poke a bear before he explodes.

Taylor will be remembered as our greatest ever white ball batsman and possibly the most talented ever player to play for Zim. These ZC cunts are so determined for control they'll even anally penetrate our legends and force them out of the game to maintain their top dog status. Their distopian view on reality will only eventually kill the game in Zim. If they only worked with BT and co, they would grow and advance the national team and the game. They don't give a shit about that though, only pillaging all of the coin possible from the ICC and sucking on each cocks, backslapping each other and saying what a great job their doing. Total bullshit.
Thing is, the board realised they fucked up and went back on their decision. So it makes no sense as to why he would retire now and not before

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Taylor might be the target of USA Major League T20 as they are offering lucrative contracts to ex players

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:04 am
Taylor might be the target of USA Major League T20 as they are offering lucrative contracts to ex players
Depends how long that tournament is - is it short?

Taylor definitely won’t emigrate from Zimbabwe. He has spoken a lot before about homesickness and hating living in the U.K. etc. Got 4 young boys and a big extended family in Zim. He doesn’t enjoy travel.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Jayb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:25 am
sam_ahm wrote:

Recently Ashwin was kept out of the entire test series against ENG. Aamir has not been picked for T20 WC by Pak, Root has not been picked by ENG. Faf, Immi and Morris have been left out by South Africa, Ross Taylor is dropped by NZL. I can go on.

I do agree that most of these teams have a big talent pool to choose from though, but it is not quite the case with Zimbabwe but still. Brendan has given so much to ZC, just non selection for T20s or issues with the coach should never have been a reason to retire.

And it is not like he is completely ruled out of T20 selection. He might as well be selected for qualifiers.

Sam shut the fuck up. This decision is the correct one. He has had to put up with nearly 20 years of this bullshit; his house being broken into, his wife getting grabbed, board crap, incompetent coaches. If ZC had the slightest bit of decency they would let a legend of the game finish on his terms, they wouldn't force him out of T20 like he's just some middle order plodder. This dude is a national legend. I haven't been on the forum a while, but felt every fucking indian retard that can't spell properly saying it's the wrong call needs to be set straight. It's the right call, theres only so many times you can poke a bear before he explodes.

Taylor will be remembered as our greatest ever white ball batsman and possibly the most talented ever player to play for Zim. These ZC cunts are so determined for control they'll even anally penetrate our legends and force them out of the game to maintain their top dog status. Their distopian view on reality will only eventually kill the game in Zim. If they only worked with BT and co, they would grow and advance the national team and the game. They don't give a shit about that though, only pillaging all of the coin possible from the ICC and sucking on each cocks, backslapping each other and saying what a great job their doing. Total bullshit.

🥺 You are getting me wrong. I'm saying only because I want Zimbabwe to qualify for 2023 WC and I don't see it happening without senior players, esp Taylor. ZC won't suffer one bit by his retirement, only fans will.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

For now, especially if today is a wash out, BT should be begged to play one last series at home, in front of his family and fans.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:

Yeah, BT has seen enough of ZC and their shenanigans to not base a decision like this on T20 exclusion. This appears more like a decision that was coming for more than a year.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

What is interesting is that this series is happening vs Ireland and BT is retiring: But we still don't see maehara and brmtaylor.com admin around...

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:50 pm
Xlife wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 pm
So many people here simping for Taylor, y'all need to grow a pair... Yes, he has been a great player for Zimbabwe and should be remembered as one of the legends.

BUT at the end of the day, he is old, he has proven multiple times that he is not loyal to Zim cricket, he has clearly been unmotivated for a while (I've mentioned this several times before), he is unfit, he is unhappy, and the time for him to retire was always coming... Why are people surprised?

Time to focus on developing the exciting young crop of batsman we have and move forward. Perhaps Taylor can contribute as a coach in the future?
This is a largely stupid take based on some fact, no offence.
He should be there until the next WC
Yep, agree 100% with ZimDoggy, Taylor is a whole different class of player, should have been convinced to push on until the next WC or at least set up his "retirement series" on home ground. In an era where players use the U19 pipeline to leverage county cricket, Taylor, who is waaaay better than any of those guys, chose to stay and make his bone, single-handedly winning Zim some games, went toe-to-toe vs Australia, India on the worlds biggest stage and prevailed. Show some damn respect
Proves my point about the the number of cry babies on here... Are there any grown adults? The reality is HE chose to retire yet you're blaming ZC, Rajput, everyone but the man who made the decision himself.

It sounds like he really doesn't want to play anymore, doesn't want to be stick in airports away from family, doesn't want to deal with ZC politics, doesn't want to work on fitness... Thankfully there is a bright future ahead with so many promising batsman under 21, we just need to move on.

Perhaps it's a good thing in the long run that the old guard that has a history with ZC goes sooner rather than later

Jayb

Post by Jayb »

Xlife wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:24 am
Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:50 pm

This is a largely stupid take based on some fact, no offence.
He should be there until the next WC
Yep, agree 100% with ZimDoggy, Taylor is a whole different class of player, should have been convinced to push on until the next WC or at least set up his "retirement series" on home ground. In an era where players use the U19 pipeline to leverage county cricket, Taylor, who is waaaay better than any of those guys, chose to stay and make his bone, single-handedly winning Zim some games, went toe-to-toe vs Australia, India on the worlds biggest stage and prevailed. Show some damn respect
Proves my point about the the number of cry babies on here... Are there any grown adults? The reality is HE chose to retire yet you're blaming ZC, Rajput, everyone but the man who made the decision himself.

It sounds like he really doesn't want to play anymore, doesn't want to be stick in airports away from family, doesn't want to deal with ZC politics, doesn't want to work on fitness... Thankfully there is a bright future ahead with so many promising batsman under 21, we just need to move on.

Perhaps it's a good thing in the long run that the old guard that has a history with ZC goes sooner rather than later
Last edited by Jayb on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.