Sir Brendan Taylor: THANK YOU

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Sir Brendan Taylor: THANK YOU

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I hereby award the 2nd ZCF knighthood to Brendan Taylor.
Knighthoods are the ultimate individual honour on ZCF and are awarded to elite players after world class performances. Brendan Taylor receives his knighthood for a lifetime of services rendered to Zimbabwe cricket.

Now that he's officially retired, the discussion starts in earnest: where does Sir Brendan Taylor sit among Zimbabwe's all time greats?

Andy Flower is number one, unquestionably. Does the Heath Streak business change his status?

Is BT the unequivicol number two?

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Sir Brendan Taylor: THANK YOU

Post by CholeZimbo »

Given the environment he thrived in, BT has to be top from that perspective. In terms of records, he spent 3 years away so could have easily cleared all of them in ODIs at least. However, take nothing away from Andy.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:57 am
Given the environment he thrived in, BT has to be top from that perspective. In terms of records, he spent 3 years away so could have easily cleared all of them in ODIs at least. However, take nothing away from Andy.
BT couldve gotten 10000 runs really if there werent the constant interruptions. How amazing would that have been :o

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

BT to make 108 runs and go past Andy flower ..pleaseeeeeee

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

THANK YOU BT

A guy I watched from the terraces as supper fan and even closer at on boundary line. I watched BT in the 2007 T20 CWC at New lands one of Zimbabwe's finest wins the way he batted to keep us in the game and to finish the game that Aussie Slayer Team showed us a glimpse of the future we had. Fast Forward it to the 2015 world cup that Inning Against India absolutely breathtaking and a wonderful way to sign off before leaving for the county scene. His home performances when on song were absolutely a joy to watch and to think of that Windies Ton at the CWC qualifiers and that Match winning SIX some great memories . I belive a lot of the public and fans appreciated BT and his talent.

Two personal experiences for me were at a club T20 final where he turned up and and fell cheaply for 6 and he walked out to field and as the game started to go away he showed his steel by manning long Off and directing field sets and though people spoke about his supposed weight issues he steamed down to cut off vital runs and the intensity he showed turned the game.

The second time was very touching and it was after the heartbreaking UAE loss during the qualifiers. BT and two other players stayed well on into the night and a young St Georges lad with his mum waited patiently outside till about 830 and they got the guts to dodge security to grab a photo and signature and as the security caught up with BT he simply stood up told the security it was okay and he posed for 3 minutes of photos and then gave the young man some advice to stay focused on his game , never give up (I believe stolen from John Cena) and belive in his abilities. A true Class Act .

Thank you Brandon Taylor if this is indeed the end go well and wishing you continued success
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That's a really great story gargamel. It seems like he's one of the good blokes of world cricket.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

A true class act from my brief encounters with him .There is nothing like Harare Sports Club rocking shouting and signing BT BT and the roar he lets out after a hundred the helmet in one hand the bat wind in my ZIMBO mind iconic. HSC wont be the same but i remain positive and cherish the fond memories he made us watch and enjoy.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Thank you for the fight against us (BD) & other nations. Thanks for returning back from County & serve ZIM again.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

gargamel wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:12 pm
THANK YOU BT

A guy I watched from the terraces as supper fan and even closer at on boundary line. I watched BT in the 2007 T20 CWC at New lands one of Zimbabwe's finest wins the way he batted to keep us in the game and to finish the game that Aussie Slayer Team showed us a glimpse of the future we had. Fast Forward it to the 2015 world cup that Inning Against India absolutely breathtaking and a wonderful way to sign off before leaving for the county scene. His home performances when on song were absolutely a joy to watch and to think of that Windies Ton at the CWC qualifiers and that Match winning SIX some great memories . I belive a lot of the public and fans appreciated BT and his talent.

Two personal experiences for me were at a club T20 final where he turned up and and fell cheaply for 6 and he walked out to field and as the game started to go away he showed his steel by manning long Off and directing field sets and though people spoke about his supposed weight issues he steamed down to cut off vital runs and the intensity he showed turned the game.

The second time was very touching and it was after the heartbreaking UAE loss during the qualifiers. BT and two other players stayed well on into the night and a young St Georges lad with his mum waited patiently outside till about 830 and they got the guts to dodge security to grab a photo and signature and as the security caught up with BT he simply stood up told the security it was okay and he posed for 3 minutes of photos and then gave the young man some advice to stay focused on his game , never give up (I believe stolen from John Cena) and belive in his abilities. A true Class Act .

Thank you Brandon Taylor if this is indeed the end go well and wishing you continued success
Great to hear stories like this
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ilovearsenal04

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

I actually have one very close encounter with BT whilest he was playing club cricket at Takashinga in 2008. He seemed a bit cooky. He was fielding on the boundary and we ran up to him after a bowl was bowled and tried to have a quick chat with him. He was not up for it and he kind of ignored us (after the ball had been bowled that is) I also remember ber seeing Raza play that match again and it was my first time seeing him play, he got very very angry when he got out. Damn Takashinga was amazing back in the days. (sorry i do not have any feel good stories to add) Nevertheless BT is a cricketing legend in Zim and he is very much loved by all
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.