Breaking... Taylor retires

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Breaking... Taylor retires

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 pm
Nor a tweet. All other Twitter handles (ICC, Ireland) talking about him though
Still nothing from the ZC official Twitter handle. IT could only mean one of two things:

1. They are miffed and the bridges are being burnt.
2. They are confident they can get BT to change his mind and unretire :)

It is more likely the first case though. But the optimists here can dream about the second possibility as well.

It is shocking that they don't want to put out a statement and a thank you note on his retirement. They had done that for Chigs and Jarvis in the last 12 months.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:24 am
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 pm
Nor a tweet. All other Twitter handles (ICC, Ireland) talking about him though
Still nothing from the ZC official Twitter handle. IT could only mean one of two things:

1. They are miffed and the bridges are being burnt.
2. They are confident they can get BT to change his mind and unretire :)

It is more likely the first case though. But the optimists here can dream about the second possibility as well.

It is shocking that they don't want to put out a statement and a thank you note on his retirement. They had done that for Chigs and Jarvis in the last 12 months.
Yes clearly I don't think it was a smooth breakup. I think ZC always had a soft spot for Jarvis when he came back. If I remember correctly when we were playing Pakistan then BT and co went on strike, Jarvis played but got injured and missed the rest of the series. I'm not surprised they gave him a press conference and a position.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:55 am
If I remember correctly when we were playing Pakistan then BT and co went on strike, Jarvis played but got injured and missed the rest of the series.
Yeah, Jarvis had not joined BT, Raza, Williams and Ervine in sitting that out and was with Hamilton as the only seniors who made themselves available for that series.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:42 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:38 am
Brendan just now says he will love to comeback and give something back to ZC in the future. Ofcourse not as a player but in some other capacity.
Don't count out Zimbabwe qualification to the WC and a new coach with a new ZC board...
I hope BT goes back to the County circuit and we can still wish
County won’t want him on account of his fitness and age being 36 by start of county season, and a cap on international players, with Kolpak not being a thing anymore.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZCF favourite Frank Mawoza suggesting that BT has not formally informed ZC about his decision and that's why they have not posted anything. Interesting... very interesting. Was this just a final middle finger from BT? :x when was his contract due to expire?

From the outside looking in it looks like there were some contract negotiations going on but 1 party has just decided they aren't interested anymore.

This is also suggest that this decision is non-reversible. No need to keep faint hopes and prayers guys. He is gone. Probably won't be involved in any capacity as long as these guys are there

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 am
Mueddie28 wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:38 am
Brendan just now says he will love to comeback and give something back to ZC in the future. Ofcourse not as a player but in some other capacity.
Don't count out Zimbabwe qualification to the WC and a new coach with a new ZC board...
County won’t want him on account of his fitness and age being 36 by start of county season, and a cap on international players, with Kolpak not being a thing anymore.
would he play in a few leagues you reckon? I know a lot of the SL guys are going Nepal

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If he had that BT 284 Jersey the whole tour that will be the biggest middle finger of all time :lol: :lol:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 am
Mueddie28 wrote:

would he play in a few leagues you reckon? I know a lot of the SL guys are going Nepal
I’d imagine if he got an offer he would definitely consider it. Especially whilst still matchfit. But doubt he will go out seeking it, as he could already have done that whilst playing.
I imagine he’s got something lined up in retirement that he’s planned for a while.
This is assuming it wasn’t some Sean Williams style angioplasty retirement. He may still be eyeing a return for the WC.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:56 am
If he had that BT 284 Jersey the whole tour that will be the biggest middle finger of all time :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

But the director of cricket was there with him on tour