3rd ODI: Zimbabwe vs Ireland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe vs Ireland

Post by CholeZimbo »

I think our top 4 batsmen are just miles better than all the other batsmen in the country only but they are also slightly below the good batsmen of all other countries above us in the rankings. Maybe prime BT would be the only one that was as good as other top batsmen.

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

There was quite a lot of talk on the forum pre series about how Zim was going to win every match on the tour, Ireland are so crap, look how they did against SA, blah, blah, blah. That now can be seen for the hot air it always appeared. Zimbabwe and Ireland are 2 evenly matched teams, and pretty much have been so for the last 15 odd years. Also, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

PS. It's a real shame Taylor's moving on. A genuine Zimbabwean all time legend.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

andrewn9 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 pm
There was quite a lot of talk on the forum pre series about how Zim was going to win every match on the tour, Ireland are so crap, look how they did against SA, blah, blah, blah. That now can be seen for the hot air it always appeared. Zimbabwe and Ireland are 2 evenly matched teams, and pretty much have been so for the last 15 odd years. Also, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

How do you think a test series between the sides would end? Never really seen their continental cup games etc so I genuinely don't know how good they are in that format. Hopefully a test match happens in the next year or so. Would also love Ireland to tour

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:09 pm
andrewn9 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 pm

How do you think a test series between the sides would end? Never really seen their continental cup games etc so I genuinely don't know how good they are in that format. Hopefully a test match happens in the next year or so. Would also love Ireland to tour
Good question. Tbh, as they have a lot more experience at test level, I'd slightly fancy Zim, especially if the series was played in Zimbabwe. In Ireland, I think it could probably go either way. There's also a Taylor sized hole in the batting line up now too to factor in, and I don't think the young 4 are quite ready for test match cricket atm.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe have been poor today but overall this was an OK series for Zimbabwe. 2-3 and 1-1 is not as bad as the last time they toured Ireland.

Zimbabwe need to stop worrying too much about qualifiers, world cup, senior players and all that. Just go out there and enjoy, and see what happens.

They've gone through Qualifier heartbreak, mass exodus of players time and again, got suspended, missed T20 WC, they've gone through it all. The only way from here is up. Just relax and don't worry too much about the results.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Defeats against this Irish Side is not acceptable
It’s interesting and very noticeable that you only appear on match threads when Zimbabwe lose. When Zimbabwe win, you are curiously absent.

I wish I had as much time on my hands as you to troll forums of teams you don’t even like. Must be a pretty chill life.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:20 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
It’s interesting and very noticeable that you only appear on match threads when Zimbabwe lose. When Zimbabwe win, you are curiously absent.

I wish I had as much time on my hands as you to troll forums of teams you don’t even like. Must be a pretty chill life.
I don’t hate Raj as much as you do. He tries at least. I hate others here like YVmnaidu. What a putrid cunt that guy is.
But where I have sympathy for the cause is I’m truly sick of these empty canned responses out of the sub continent.
This guys next post will be something like ‘we should get Cremer out of retirement’ or something.
Random two second shower thoughts with no basis behind it. ZCF never used be this…vapid
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I have to confess that I really don't understand trolling.

Like I understand the idea is to get a rise out of people but even when you are a 'successful' troll it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

Is it a payoff of some kind of influence for a person who lacks any connection to others?

Is it mocking for those who possess no appreciable humour?

Sure we're born sinful but I still can't understand the payoff attached to the sin. It seems like one of the lowest and most pitiable of faults.

I genuinely feel sorry for someone led to sit on a little cricket forum writing nonsense to infuriate others.

Be free. Be released from this miserable practice.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
This is Irish side is as strong as its been for several years IMO. Porterfield, Stirling, Tector, and Tucker are solid top 4. Only the middle order is weak. Josh Little is a top class seamer, and Irish spinners generally keep it tight even when they aren't picking wickets. They just need to find 2-3 decent guys batting at 5-7 and they can challenge WI and Sri Lanka.
This Team haven't performed against top teams except one or two upsets.Their maximum wins came against Netherlands, Scotland, Afghanistan & Zimbabwe, but yes their future looking strong once the experienced domestic players arriving from other nations gets clearance to represent Ireland

Zimbabwe & Ireland are quite same with perfomance and the ranking in last few years, since Zim had the experience they should have won the Odi Series and improve their position in Super League points table. 20 points in this series and 30 against Netherlands could have take Zim in comfortable position in the league

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:06 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
This is Irish side is as strong as its been for several years IMO. Porterfield, Stirling, Tector, and Tucker are solid top 4. Only the middle order is weak. Josh Little is a top class seamer, and Irish spinners generally keep it tight even when they aren't picking wickets. They just need to find 2-3 decent guys batting at 5-7 and they can challenge WI and Sri Lanka.
This Team haven't performed against top teams except one or two upsets.Their maximum wins came against Netherlands, Scotland, Afghanistan & Zimbabwe, but yes their future looking strong once the experienced domestic players arriving from other nations gets clearance to represent Ireland

Zimbabwe & Ireland are quite same with perfomance and the ranking in last few years, since Zim had the experience they should have won the Odi Series and improve their position in Super League points table. 20 points in this series and 30 against Netherlands could have take Zim in comfortable position in the league
15 points is not a terrible outcome from this series and reflects that in total, both teams are pretty much equally placed. 20 points (for ZIM) was probably ideal, and 10 points likely. So 15 is a fair performance.

The series vs Netherlands will perhaps be critical to determining which teams finishes 13th and faces potential relegation to League 2. ZIM will need at least 20 points from that series and hope Netherlands don't beat too many teams.

It's going to be very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)